Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

He’s gotta be getting tired of it already, right? 

idk, it's obviously what he's there for and he does see it as his ticket in, but he is taking shots as well as delivering them so it can't last I imagine. Don't know if he's John Scott or actually has enough raw skill to carve out a long term 4th line role. Only time will tell. 

On 3/2/2024 at 3:21 PM, mjd1001 said:

What I don't get is, why don't they change this? It seems like 95% of fans, commentators..just about everyone hates the way they have it. Just make the change so you can't do this. I don't get it.

They might at some point... but I it's probably tied to the current CBA so they can't up and negotiate it without opening the doors to other negotiations.  The only fans that love it are those whose teams use it successfully.

Just now, Weave said:

Stop trying to make Lindy Ruff fired a thing!

Ha… Just saw the thread… 

On 3/3/2024 at 2:59 AM, PerreaultForever said:

idk, it's obviously what he's there for and he does see it as his ticket in, but he is taking shots as well as delivering them so it can't last I imagine. Don't know if he's John Scott or actually has enough raw skill to carve out a long term 4th line role. Only time will tell. 

Are you talking about John Scott, the All-Star?

On 3/3/2024 at 6:11 PM, spndnchz said:

That just sounds bad. 

Fine, then call him Gelding.

9 hours ago, French Collection said:

Sportsnet building up tomorrow’s game, advertising that the Leafs have not beaten the Sabres in over a year.

I love to hear that, over and over.

worries me...Leafs are bound to beat us sooner or later. And I hate lsoing to them as up here in Ontario all we hear is how great the Leafs are and how they are going to win the cup this year...

2 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

worries me...Leafs are bound to beat us sooner or later. And I hate lsoing to them as up here in Ontario all we hear is how great the Leafs are and how they are going to win the cup this year...

Yes, the Sabres will lose to the Leafs at some point but it’s fun to have their number over the years.

Their fans reaction to losing to the “lowly” Sabres is priceless and allows me to tell them how far away they are from that Cup.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, shrader said:

So wait, Colorado signed a guy named Ivan Ivan yesterday and no one cares?

Well, technically it's Ivan Ivan Ivan.  So perhaps people thought it was just Ivan Ivan and everyone was like.. "Meh, there's another guy with 3 Ivan names."

• Haha (+1) 1

Gustav Forsling signs an extension with the Panthers. 8x$5.75.

Claimed off waivers, became a #2D with the correct #1 (Ekblad, Montour), top-4 on a stacked roster. Excellent complementary defenseman for a star or able to stabilize the 2nd pair on his own in both ends. If continues to remain healthy, it's an excellent extension.

(He's kind of what we want Samuelsson to become -- albeit sized more like Jokiharju/R.Johnson)