Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I guess the onus was on the Sens disclosing this information.

I agree with you... why would that not be on VGK to actually read the contract they acquired?  That's a pretty severe penalty on the Sens.

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

And the Blackhawks only received a 2 Million Dollar Fine for the Kyle Beach Scandal. 😑

Yeah.  Makes no sense.

The Bruins have played 8 games.  In only one of them have they allowed more than 2 goals.  They have pretty much split their Goaltending duties so far so its not just one hot goalie doing it for them.

Maybe it wasn't just Bergeron and Kreiji...maybe their top 6 D-men are just WAY more solid top-to-bottom than most gave them credit for.

Lets see how they play against the Leafs forwards, without McAvoy, later this week.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

The Bruins have played 8 games.  In only one of them have they allowed more than 2 goals.  They have pretty much split their Goaltending duties so far so its not just one hot goalie doing it for them.

Maybe it wasn't just Bergeron and Kreiji...maybe their top 6 D-men are just WAY more solid top-to-bottom than most gave them credit for.

Lets see how they play against the Leafs forwards, without McAvoy, later this week.

That is also an indication of how committed they are to team defence.  That is impressive.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

That is also an indication of how committed they are to team defence.  That is impressive.

Indeed. It's like I was saying in another thread, if you take the Sabres and Bruins and throw them in a blender you get two perfectly balanced teams. Our offense with their team D would be a cup contender/winner .

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

It’s almost like you forget (or don’t care about) the hours and hours of YouTube evidence spanning his entire F***ing career of the douchebaggery of  Sir King Scumbag. 

And since nobody has the intestinal fortitude to crush him hard where he’s out for several months… I can’t wait till that motherf***er retires. 

Does he still do that move where he cuts out the legs of any opposing player who is about to hit him?

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Other teams grabbing our cast-offs.

E-Rod really wasn't a cast off but you have to hand it to that guy. He's a fringe player who moves around a lot but always seems to manage to find a good landing spot and he's carved out an NHL career on a specific but limited skill set. Good for him. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Quint said:

The Sharks are 0-8-1, and are losing 5-0 to the Canucks. They have scored 9 goals all year. I'd have to think that Mike Grier is skating on thin ice. He might be next after Dorion.

Ya, I think this is intentional. 

Canucks the biggest surprise so far this year? Seems like Tochet has them bought in. 

Leafs Bruins game was very good tonight. Bruins pulled it off with 3 AHL D call ups in the line up. Go figure. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ya, I think this is intentional. 

Canucks the biggest surprise so far this year? Seems like Tochet has them bought in. 

Leafs Bruins game was very good tonight. Bruins pulled it off with 3 AHL D call ups in the line up. Go figure. 

Got to watch that game last night because it wasn’t on NESN or otherwise blacked out. My goodness do the Bruins play great defense, and that includes the forwards, in front of their goaltender. Their structure is quite good. I can see why their Dmen can be interchangeable. I bet they don’t give up many ‘cheapies’. And yes, it pains me to write all that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

Got to watch that game last night because it wasn’t on NESN or otherwise blacked out. My goodness do the Bruins play great defense, and that includes the forwards, in front of their goaltender. Their structure is quite good. I can see why their Dmen can be interchangeable. I bet they don’t give up many ‘cheapies’. And yes, it pains me to write all that

Swayman was great too.  That tandem will be tough all season. Unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 1

How about this one to think about....

Boston is 77-17-6 in their last 100 games.

San Jose is 3-17-3 in their last 23 games.

Boston has as many regulation losses in their last 100 games spanning parts of 3 different seasons as San Jose has in their last 23, the number of games you normally pay in 2.5 months.

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

How about this one to think about....

Boston is 77-17-6 in their last 100 games.

San Jose is 3-17-3 in their last 23 games.

Boston has as many regulation losses in their last 100 games spanning parts of 3 different seasons as San Jose has in their last 23, the number of games you normally pay in 2.5 months.

That’s insane, on Boston’s part