GDT: Sabres vs Pens- October 6, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG/NHLN📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Opening night roster it appears 

Minus KO

That puking emoji wasn't directed at you @Brawndo.

Htf did UPL win the backup role?  (Yeah, yeah, we know they like him for some inexplicable reason, but WHY????)  Not saying Comrie's great, he isn't.  But he's adequate.  Something UPL far too often isn't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I think you are right, but the biggest non starter haas to be Power with Joker.  Mule and Dahlin worked so well last year and I think EJ is perfect example and will cover up for Joker as he matures.  I like Joker and I think he will be a good player, but he needs the right partner now.  I think he is 26 now so he is nearing the point where he will be who he is.

He just turned 24 in June.

Its like Dahlin, being only 23, they’ve both been around so long you forget how young they were when they started.

• Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Htf did UPL win the backup role?  (Yeah, yeah, we know they like him for some inexplicable reason, but WHY????)  Not saying Comrie's great, he isn't.  But he's adequate.  Something UPL far too often isn't.

I’m not reading too much into UPL being backup tonight. I think they are going with all 3 saying times have changed and you need 3 goalies now.

Problem is I have more confidence in Toker and the little I have seen of Cooley than I do UPL.  

Maybe Adams surprises me and ship UPL to TB for a pick but I’m not holding my breath.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I’ve been preaching it since the UFA period slowed down.  3 headed monster.

Close your eyes.  Say it slowly.  Learn to accept it.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Same, but that's in part why I wanted Comrie to get the nod tonight. But it's good to get Levi another game too

If we are serious about getting a good start then we should play Levi, as many of the top 6 defenseman, and as many of the top 12 forwards as possible.  This is a warmup for opening night.  They need to get the team ready for real hockey.   

Comrie has slightly outplayed UPL for the #2 spot - but DG and Adams see all the data and every practice, and they look at contracts and potential.  With UPL as the backup tonight they just might like UPL better?  

The bubble players are UPL, Comrie, Bryson, Stillman, Clague, VO, and Jost.  Some of these guys will be waived.  I suspect GD and Adams already know who they are.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

You’re good, I have had plenty of posts that deserve the puking emoji 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.