GDT: Sabres vs Pens- October 6, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG/NHLN📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Per: https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/how-to-watch-buffalo-sabres-preseason-games-2023

Friday, Oct. 6 vs. Pittsburgh – 7 p.m.

Watch: MSG (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray; pregame starting at 6:30 p.m.)

Listen: WGR 550 (Radio Simulcast)

I figured I wouldn't get to watch this one, but like the last MSG game, it looks like it will also be on NHL Network for anyone who has that/is out of market.

It was announced yesterday that Levi is starting (which I find a bit of a surprise after how bad UPL played, I thought it would be Comrie). Both Cozens and Eric Johnson were out practicing with the team too.

So far I haven't any other roster announcements. I'm hoping they put out most of their starters.

• Like (+1) 1

Ah crap. Don't think I'll be able to see this one. Any chance its streaming anywhere else (Canada?) as I can use my VPN.

EDIT:

Apparently - 

The game will be broadcast nationally with NHL Network picking up the MSG feed, which will in the NY region. It will also be available over the radio and online at 105.9 The X and on the Pens’ website and app.

Guess I am VPN-ing to Pitts tonight 🤮

Edited by steveoath

3 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Per: https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/how-to-watch-buffalo-sabres-preseason-games-2023

Friday, Oct. 6 vs. Pittsburgh – 7 p.m.

Watch: MSG (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray; pregame starting at 6:30 p.m.)

Listen: WGR 550 (Radio Simulcast)

I figured I wouldn't get to watch this one, but like the last MSG game, it looks like it will also be on NHL Network for anyone who has that/is out of market.

It was announced yesterday that Levi is starting (which I find a bit of a surprise after how bad UPL played, I thought it would be Comrie). Both Cozens and Eric Johnson were out practicing with the team too.

So far I haven't any other roster announcements. I'm hoping they put out most of their starters.

The being on in NHLN part is bad for anyone with ESPN+. That means the game won't be available there and won't be available for on-demand replay.

So line-up will probably be:

Skinner-TNT-Benson
Greenway-Mitts-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Olofsson
Girgs-Krebs/Jost-Krebs/Jost

Dahlin-Clifton
Power-Joker
Mule-RJohnson

Levi
UPL

I don't think some of those combinations looked great last game, and Granato made adjustments as the game went on. But I kind of expect him to try them again at least to start the game.

40 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

So line-up will probably be:

Skinner-TNT-Benson
Greenway-Mitts-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Olofsson
Girgs-Krebs/Jost-Krebs/Jost

Dahlin-Clifton
Power-Joker
Mule-RJohnson

Levi
UPL

I don't think some of those combinations looked great last game, and Granato made adjustments as the game went on. But I kind of expect him to try them again at least to start the game.

I'd have Mule with Dahlin; Power and Clifton; Joker and EJ.  Other than that and UPL in the rafters in Rochester and Comrie as backup an we are set for opening night.  KO in for either VO or Jost.

19 minutes ago, Night Train said:

sigh...Benson, born 2005.

I graduated from college in 1983. 

" and then, depression set in "  ge GIF

I hear you, brother.  I graduated in 1985.  Exactly 20 years before before Benson was born.  WTF !!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I'd have Mule with Dahlin; Power and Clifton; Joker and EJ.  Other than that and UPL in the rafters in Rochester and Comrie as backup an we are set for opening night.  KO in for either VO or Jost.

I hear you, brother.  I graduated in 1985.  Exactly 20 years before before Benson was born.  WTF !!

I feel a little better...I graduated in 93 😂

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I'd prefer those pairs as well, but I kind of expect that Granato will try the pairs I posted to start with.

I think you are right, but the biggest non starter haas to be Power with Joker.  Mule and Dahlin worked so well last year and I think EJ is perfect example and will cover up for Joker as he matures.  I like Joker and I think he will be a good player, but he needs the right partner now.  I think he is 26 now so he is nearing the point where he will be who he is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.