Matthew Savoie will take part in the AM Skate 10/6

Brawndo

• nfreeman changed the title to Matthew Savoie has an Upper Body Injury will miss some time in training camp
19 hours ago, Taro T said:

Cozens broke his thumb in either one of these prospect games or the Sabres 3v3 tourney a few years back. 

Didn't set him back all that far.

Here's to hoping it works out for Matt as well.

I was thinking the same thing when I read this headline! I remember being there in the stands and seeing that happen. it is what it is, injuries happen, he’ll get over it, and he’ll be fine.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I was thinking the same thing when I read this headline! I remember being there in the stands and seeing that happen. it is what it is, injuries happen, he’ll get over it, and he’ll be fine.

Depends on what it is. This is a kid who has had shoulder issues already.

It as hard to tell exactly what happened, or even how, but it wasn't anything dramatic.

If it is the same shoulder, there has to be a question about whether it might be something chronic.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Depends on what it is. This is a kid who has had shoulder issues already.

It as hard to tell exactly what happened, or even how, but it wasn't anything dramatic.

If it is the same shoulder, there has to be a question about whether it might be something chronic.

Ok that’s fair.

For me, I won’t worry about what could be, until it is in fact the case. IF it becomes chronic, IF it becomes an issue, IF it becomes something to “worry” about…. Then I’ll mentally deal with that fact at that time. Again, that’s just the way I approach injuries to players. In the meantime I just take a “is what it is, injuries happen, he’ll get over it, and he’ll be fine” approach.

• Like (+1) 1

I try and find some positive aspects to this news.

He may not need surgery.

He will probably remain in Buffalo, under the watchful eye of their medical staff. There is no need to rush him back or ship him back to the WHL.

A slow recovery plus a few spaced out NHL games can take him into November, where better decisions can be made.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.