2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

So to me this is equivalent to trading Krebs for a 1st, a 2nd, and a d prospect?

Sort of but when it's phrased like that (as it is in the original tweet), it makes it seem like the 1st is early.  What Montreal gave up--two 1/3 chances at an NHL player--isn't much.  I don't know about the prospect.  But Newhook is a roster player and is more valuable than those picks.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The Jets made out like bandits in that trade. PLD will be miserable in 2 years and rumours will fly that he wants out.

Yeah, I mean, if a guy doesn’t like Columbus or Winnipeg, how could he be happy living in LA?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Pretty much. Newhook has a little more pop to his game but yea. 

Not sure you mean by "pop" but you probably couldn't get a better "value" comparable for Krebs. Same position, same pedigree, similar stats.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Pretty much. Newhook has a little more pop to his game but yea. 

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Not sure you mean by "pop" but you probably couldn't get a better "value" comparable for Krebs. Same position, same pedigree, similar stats.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

If Adams brought in Borgen and Miles Wood then half this board would have nothing to talk about😂

You’ll just bitch about whatever move they make anyways😛

They will then start lobbying for Marcus Foligno.  

• Vomit 1

20 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I can see why you'd think this, but he isn't. I watched Seattle all year and he has gotten better and better and moved up their line up and gotten more and more ice time. He's solid and mean and a great team guy. I'd swap him in for Lybushkin in a heartbeat. 

Stats and advanced says they are very similar. Borgen is younger and cheaper.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yea Ottawa better be incredible at PK’s. Otherwise they will be eaten alive every game Wilson or Tkachuk decide to show their low IQ several times a game. 

That is if the refs actually call penalties.  This is the NHL you are talking about.  

I do not get the negativity towards Wilson.  I am probably in the minority here, but a player like Wilson could help the Sabres.   A policeman type player at  6'4" 220 pounds, a power forward that has scored 20 goals three times already, and a guy that has hoisted the Cup.  On the other hand, we have a lot of forwards and we just re-signed KO and ZG.  

Is Greenway going to be this for Buffalo?  

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

That is if the refs actually call penalties.  This is the NHL you are talking about.  

I do not get the negativity towards Wilson.  I am probably in the minority here, but a player like Wilson could help the Sabres.   A policeman type player at  6'4" 220 pounds, a power forward that has scored 20 goals three times already, and a guy that has hoisted the Cup.  On the other hand, we have a lot of forwards and we just re-signed KO and ZG.  

Is Greenway going to be this for Buffalo?  

And if you add Wilson, you wind up getting him at a discount because he'll be suspended for at least a quarter of the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.