2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

37 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I suspect this means the Bruins will sign Bertuzzi. It makes sense. Hall was the most expendable piece with his salary. Chicago probably thinks a veteran power forward beside Bedard will work wonders for them. A logic I think I've seen before 🙂

If the Bruins use Hall’s money to sign Bertuzzi, who are they trading to re-sign or replace Bergeron, Krecji, Orlov, Hathaway, Nosek, Orlov and Clifton?

They now have $10 million under the cap to fill nine roster holes, including resigning RFAs Swayman and Frederic. Bertuzzi would probably eat up 6 or 7 on his own.

39 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is why no team should ever worry about having a bad cap hit for a few years 

You can't count on a guy waiving his NMC like Hall did (and I don't know why he did).  

Also, why did Chicago help out Boston like this?

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You can't count on a guy waiving his NMC like Hall did (and I don't know why he did).  

It seems that Hall's NMC had limitations and Chcago was not on his no-trade list.  Looks like he had no voice in the trade.  Sucka !!  Although, Chicago is a great place to play hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

It seems that Hall's NMC had limitations and Chcago was not on his no-trade list.  Looks like he had no voice in the trade.  Sucka !!  Although, Chicago is a great place to play hockey.

And I guess Chicago will flip him at the deadline, too.

https://twitter.com/nhlbruins/status/1673421314474799126?s=46&t=h0yvSDHtOEJBIIBDkE7IaQ

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He didn’t. Chicago was one of the 16 teams that was not on his no trade list 

A bunch of reporters are saying how great of a deal it is for Chicago. Well, they need someone to skate with Bedard and they got Hall for basically nothing, so it is a good deal for them. I think Foligno will help from a leadership angle and I hope he gets a deal in Chicago.

Some of those reporters are saying it’s a great move by Boston to shed that salary. Sure is, when it’s $6M for Hall’s production. It is part of the cap massaging they will have to do.

From Hall’s angle, how does it feel to be a former MVP and traded for a roll of tape.

What about Johansen, paid $4M by your former team to play for a rival.

I guess they need thick skin, think it’s all business and laugh all the way to the bank.

23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I know this isn’t the place for this but I have to say, I love that someone that I respect and genuinely like is so on the opposite side of this issue as me. Of course, it helps that eleven is wrong and I’m right 😉

5 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I know this isn’t the place for this but I have to say, I love that someone that I respect and genuinely like is so on the opposite side of this issue as me. Of course, it helps that eleven is wrong and I’m right 😉

??  I'm not even sure of the issue...

35 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If the Bruins use Hall’s money to sign Bertuzzi, who are they trading to re-sign or replace Bergeron, Krecji, Orlov, Hathaway, Nosek, Orlov and Clifton?

They now have $10 million under the cap to fill nine roster holes, including resigning RFAs Swayman and Frederic. Bertuzzi would probably eat up 6 or 7 on his own.

They’ll figure it out and we’ll all be pissed at how easy they do it with teams like Chicago and Arizona helping them out. 

Just now, inkman said:

They’ll figure it out and we’ll all be pissed at how easy they do it with teams like Chicago and Arizona helping them out. 

Sabres had many chances to weaponize their cap space in the past. KA probably didn’t want to disrupt the room.

Use it wisely now but don’t sweat getting near the limit.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Chicago is like Buffalo last year: needing to add some big short-term deals in order to get to the cap floor.

Even after nabbing Hall, they still have $31 million cap space with only 6 spots to fill.

Hall’s deal expires next year. Plus he helps them; probably their 2nd best forward after Bedard. Their roster is putrid.

56 minutes ago, Eleven said:

And I guess Chicago will flip him at the deadline, too.

And maybe this too.

Edited by dudacek

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Chicago is like Buffalo last year: needing to add some big short-term deals in order to get to the cap floor.

Even after nabbing Hall, they still have $31 million cap space with only 6 spots to fill.

Hall’s deal expires next year. Plus he helps them; probably their 2nd best forward after Bedard. Their roster is putrid.

I’d love to know who is going to center Hall-Bedard. 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I would bet there are more moves to come but you're likely seeing Steen, Lauko and maybe McLaughlin at the bottom end of their roster. All are under a million. Bergeron may come back one more time. If not Coyle moves to that spot. Can they still compete? Hard to say. Definitely not as good as they were. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

And maybe this too.

Philly is still trying hard to dump all their garbage. They might pick up somebody from there to spend some of that cash. I bet they have a few more big money deals left to go. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Full trade:

Can anybody please explain what the Hawks get out of that trade that is beneficial?  Or were they SO far below the Cap Floor that they needed 2 guys well past their sell by dates?

Nevermind.  They're still about $13MM below the floor with 17 contracts in hand.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Can anybody please explain what the Hawks get out of that trade that is beneficial?  Or were they SO far below the Cap Floor that they needed 2 guys well past their sell by dates?

Nevermind.  They're still about $13MM below the floor with 17 contracts in hand.

They'll get a first for Hall in March.  But I have no idea why they gave up two prospects, when really they should have just given up $1.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.