Michael Andlauer expected purchased the Ottawa Senators

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

As long as Deadpool isn't part of that group.  Who cares?  😉

There are so few entertainment vehicles that aren't tremendously disappointing nowadays.  Would really hate having to wait for Deadpool 3 to come out on Bluray.

5 hours ago, shrader said:

Close to a billion dollars.  No one should ever ask why Gary Bettman continues to have a job.

If you look at where the league was when Bettman took over… Versus what it is now… it’s quite incredible.

yes he does missteps from time to time. You could even say some poor decisions. But overall… The owners of the franchises… Absolutely love him. I have always found it immature and lame when fans boo Gary Bettman. And they really have no solid logical reason for doing so. Grow up.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Bettman was instrumental in keeping the Sabres in Buffalo during some precarious times.  When he speaks, he sound disingenuius, spewing corp-speak, but I think that's simply because he's not a very good public speaker.  Overall, he's been good for the NHL and good for the Sabres franchise.  The recent moves to bring the broadcast rights back to ESPN, and to join Turner sports, have been very good for the league, despite the fact that the ESPN telecasts leave much to be desired.  The Turner broadcasts are great.  The expansions into Vegas and Seattle have been home runs and seeing teams in Florida and Carolina succeed is also good for hockey overall.  The situation in Arizona isn't good, but Bettman and the league have done their best to keep the team where it is and the issues are local in Arizona.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

If you look at where the league was when Batman took over… Versus what it is now… it’s quite incredible.

yes he does missteps from time to time. You could even say some poor decisions. But overall… The owners of the franchises… Absolutely love him. I have always found it immature and lame when fans boo Gary Bettman. And they really have no solid logical reason for doing so. Grow up.

I love the booing because he's self aware and leans into it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, tom webster said:

He had been a co-owner of Canadians(24%).

I believe his main business is Healthcare related.

Probably why it took so long, he was front runner from start I read.   Most likely needs a buy for those shares.    I can see him selling that for 600 million easy.

Edited by Huckleberry

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Close to a billion dollars.  No one should ever ask why Gary Bettman continues to have a job.

He's the reason the Sabres continue to have a shot at the Cup. And he's not the reason the Sabres didn't win one already, despite what the tinfoil people might say. So I'm good with him. He's always been a fun figure to me.

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

If you look at where the league was when Bettman took over… Versus what it is now… it’s quite incredible.

Bettman is a gaslighting piece of *****. His interview about board ads at the start of the season was “maybe the fans should stop staring at the boards and watch the game instead of complain”. Tells you everything about him. He deserves every boo

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

As long as Deadpool isn't part of that group.  Who cares?  😉

There are so few entertainment vehicles that aren't tremendously disappointing nowadays.  Would really hate having to wait for Deadpool 3 to come out on Bluray.

That group dropped out a few weeks ago, I believe this group was the one that included The Weekend, not the one including Snoop Dogg.......

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

The existing rink for sure, I don’t know if LeBreton Flats was to be part of it. I think that has a different owner that was going to partner with Melnyk in developing it.

I think all of the deals included a deal with the land to develop a new arena on

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

He's the reason the Sabres continue to have a shot at the Cup. And he's not the reason the Sabres didn't win one already, despite what the tinfoil people might say. So I'm good with him. He's always been a fun figure to me.

Is he though?  I doubt that changing the way rules are enforced during the playoffs is something that ever crosses the commissioner's desk.

35 minutes ago, shrader said:

Is he though?  I doubt that changing the way rules are enforced during the playoffs is something that ever crosses the commissioner's desk.

Maybe I'm missing your point. He's not the reason the Sabres lost Game 6. Along the lines of what you're saying, Gary didn't make the call on Hull's goal. Or orchestrate anything else behind a curtain.

And as point of fact, the rules weren't changed during the playoffs. "Clarifications" were issued in the infamous March memo. Yes, the Sabres got the memo. As did everyone else, including the media.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.