A Top 4 Defenseman is Adams Top Priority per Lebrun

Brawndo

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What is Casey Mittelstadt for 1,000 Alex. 

Also, this is laughable. Seriously. The Sabres have 14million in capspace with basically the only thing left to do is sign a top 4 RHD. To replace Kyle and Zemgus you are looking at paying someone else at minimum 1mil so that covers 2mil of the 5mil they are getting for 1 year. You are essentially saying that we couldn't sign a 3c because we don't have 3extra million bucks on top of the 14million we currently have. It makes no sense. We could sign any 3c on the market right now for 8million bucks and still have money left over. 

The reason I also wanted to make that last playoff spot so badly is to see if a few of our forwards could even handle a playoff run. If I had to answer that today, I would say no.Casey and Krebs would be the first two major question marks in this department. 

• Agree 2

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

The reason I also wanted to make that last playoff spot so badly is to see if a few of our forwards could even handle a playoff run. If I had to answer that today, I would say no.Casey and Krebs would be the first two major question marks in this department. 

Why?

17 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I didn't call the trade the "reason" they became great, but it absolutely was the inflection point - "all systems go, we are ready, go get Allen his Alpha Target"

Going back to my original point, the Sabres need that exact thing - they don't need to trade for a "reason" to become great - they are just about there. They need the move that signals they are all in, and turns their most important potential weakness into a strength.

And that's without getting into the nuance that you cannot assert Bills definitely would have taken Jefferson had they kept that pick, and Jefferson (who ran limited route tree his rookie year) would have been better for Allen at that particular juncture than a vet WR who went on to shatter all franchise WR records that season and can run every route in the playbook, but i digress

As painful as this may be, another example of an "inflection point" was in the summer of 1998 when the Dallas Stars signed Brett Hull. 

At the time Taylor Hall was signed by the Sabres, I was hoping that was going to be an inflection point for the Sabres but we all know how that worked out.

35 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

As painful as this may be, another example of an "inflection point" was in the summer of 1998 when the Dallas Stars signed Brett Hull. 

At the time Taylor Hall was signed by the Sabres, I was hoping that was going to be an inflection point for the Sabres but we all know how that worked out.

Hall was an inflection point.  It was the straw that broke the camel's back on the TM build-out.  

This is also an inflection point.  I honestly believe that the Sabres are 2 players from Cup contention( @Taro T is probably glad to hear that 🙂 ).  If KA gets a top-4 caliber D and a vet to mentor Levi this team has the horses to go deep into the playoffs.  I'll be so bold as to say if we get those two players, we might even be good enough to win the division.  

• Agree 3

34 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Hall was an inflection point.  It was the straw that broke the camel's back on the TM build-out.  

This is also an inflection point.  I honestly believe that the Sabres are 2 players from Cup contention( @Taro T is probably glad to hear that 🙂 ).  If KA gets a top-4 caliber D and a vet to mentor Levi this team has the horses to go deep into the playoffs.  I'll be so bold as to say if we get those two players, we might even be good enough to win the division.  

I don't even think it's that bold.  It's *right there* and all Adams has to do is stick his hand out and grab it.

Just now, Night Train said:

Now to identify "it" .  How deep is the supply on Amazon ? 

Ha.  The supply is fairly deep.  There are defensemen and goalies to be had in trade before approximately 930-10pm today, and there even are a couple of defensemen that will be available on Saturday.

Except the inflection point was either the Eichel trade or the decision to once again re-rebuild.  The team is on an upward trajectory.  They'll be in the mix of legit contenders for a long time and depending upon how the next 2 or so weeks go, that could be opening up as early as this season or as late as 2 seasons from now.  Right now am an optimist and expect Adams to be accelerating the entry into that contention window.

And, not that it matters, but it's cool that you do expect the team is very close.  

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

What do you base your judgment on? At the end of the season playoff run when Casey played on the top line, he played well The line not only didn't miss a beat without Tage but it excelled. With respect to Krebs, his solid play on the fourth line had no drop-off during that end of season pressurized run. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I would tend to agree with the just #13 for Pesce but maybe 13 and VO could get me to bite

F**k trading a top end pick for a defensemen coming off a down season entering his near age 30 season.  Hanifin; makes some sense.  Giving up Olofsson and 13 for Pesce is pretty close to insane. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.