2023 Stanley Cup Finals: Florida vs Vegas

Thorny

7 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Yup....Florida just seems so flat this series.  The long break was the worse thing for them.  Barkov and Sam are not generating much at all to help.

...and Vegas is really good. 

It takes a literal pinball puck for the swamp cats to score. Not good.

I've come to dislike Tkachuk. I'm fairly certain Bennett grabbed Hill's stick right at the end there which is why Hill went berserk after the horn.

Yes, yes, there's dirty play no matter who is in the SCFs but I think Florida has turned it up a few degrees from how they played the prior games in the playoffs. I thought they were rather skilled and was hoping to see a match of skilled teams.

Meanwhile, Eichel is playing a relatively clean, highly skilled game and I have enjoyed watching him play. He was such a distinctive skating style I don't need to see his number to know it's him. 

Samson has been ineffectual this series so far. I still like Bob and Paul Maurice. 

I like Jack and have a soft spot for the Cinderella story in Adin Hill.

At this point, to me, the better ending lies with Vegas.

• Like (+1) 2

Kitties just couldn't get those last second heroics this time (although they were close). Might mean it's done, but then again Boston was up 3-1 as well and was supposed to end it in game 5. 

The unnecessary whistle was interesting. Never did get an explanation for that one, but it definitely helped Vegas. I'm still convinced the league wants Vegas.

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Kitties just couldn't get those last second heroics this time (although they were close). Might mean it's done, but then again Boston was up 3-1 as well and was supposed to end it in game 5. 

The unnecessary whistle was interesting. Never did get an explanation for that one, but it definitely helped Vegas. I'm still convinced the league wants Vegas.

That whistle and the non called penalty are definitely suspect, by no means am I a conspiracy nut. Something wasn't right there to be sure.

• Agree 2

I have been a Knights season ticket holder since the inaugural season. I might have missed 20 games since then but Florida has been the dirtiest team I have seen. I know a lot of Sabres fans don’t want Vegas to win but this is what you get when you have an owner who is hellbent on winning games. As far as all this trade talk about Connor Hellebuyck. I have seen him in ton and he always gets lit up by us. I think his price would be too steep for my liking. 

Vegas is going out and proving alot of hockey fans wrong. Alot of us criticized Vegas heavily for departing from their original roster makeup and upgrading to high priced, high skilled vets at the expense of depth and prospect pool.

Well, they are on the brink of a cup parade after the management team worked a conversion from high effort castoffs to high skill vets that bought into what the high effort castoffs built.

Id gladly take Vegas’ now plus Vegas’ future.  The future is always unknown.

I couldn’t give a ***** about Jack, or whether the ***** team created the Jack we had, or if he’s just naturally built to be an *****.  But I am genuinely jealous.  That team was hell bent on winning and they made it happen.  As an expansion team they had every excuse to slow play things and didn’t.  They started out refusing to accept losing and are on the brink of something special in half the time Buffalo has been suffering.

God, I hate typing that out.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Weave said:

Vegas is going out and proving alot of hockey fans wrong. Alot of us criticized Vegas heavily for departing from their original roster makeup and upgrading to high priced, high skilled vets at the expense of depth and prospect pool.

Well, they are on the brink of a cup parade after the management team worked a conversion from high effort castoffs to high skill vets that bought into what the high effort castoffs built.

I couldn’t give a ***** about Jack, or whether the ***** team created the Jack we had, or if he’s just naturally built to be an *****.  But I am genuinely jealous.  That team was hell bent on winning and they made it happen.  As an expansion team they had every excuse to slow play things and didn’t.  They started out refusing to accept losing and are on the brink of something special in half the time Buffalo has been suffering.

The biggest move was the hiring of Bruce Cassidy and I think his other coaches. He really is a great coach and  I don’t think Assistant coach John Stevens gets enough credit,  Plus Sean Burke who has done an unbelievable job with all these goalie’s. On the players it was the trade deadline deal of Ivan Barbashev who has been so unbelievable. After watching him play since the deal the guy just plays a complete game and is highly underrated. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

There are infinitely many ways to build a team that wins like that. But each one requires tuning every knob you possibly can, maximally towards winning. Every little thing you do has to be done with intense purpose and desire. It is no guarantee but you aren't getting anywhere without this. It's the reason why I will continue to pick at the way adams chooses to phrase things. And sometimes the way he chooses to conduct his job

Edited by Randall Flagg

10 hours ago, ... said:

I've come to dislike Tkachuk. I'm fairly certain Bennett grabbed Hill's stick right at the end there which is why Hill went berserk after the horn.

It seemed to me that Montour flying in there and knocking Hill's teammate into Hill might have been the cause.

Either way, I think Tkachuk is exactly the type of player that I can't stand but really wish he was a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

There are infinitely many ways to build a team that wins like that. But each one requires tuning every knob you possibly can, maximally towards winning. Every little thing you do has to be done with intense purpose and desire. It is no guarantee but you aren't getting anywhere without this. It's the reason why I will continue to pick at the way adams chooses to phrase things. And sometimes the way he chooses to conduct his job

As you rightly point out there are a variety of ways to build a team. What Vegas and Seattle have done (quickly accomplished) are related to the expansion system  currently in place. What problem do you have with KA and how he has operated? Since taking over, a particular course has been set for the rebuild, and it is being followed. Look back when he took over and compare it to where this franchise is now. The team improved 16 pts from the previous year and was vying for a playoff spot up to the second last game in the season. So what problem do you have on how he is conducting his job? 

It sure helps having guys who make $10 million a year able to sit out their injuries until playoff time. It allows teams with top talent to be able to compete in the playoffs. Vegas being $14 million over the cap this season. Tampa before them. 

Vegas is gonna be lit when they win next week, especially if they do it at home.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.