2023 Stanley Cup Finals: Florida vs Vegas

Thorny

On 5/29/2023 at 10:27 PM, Thorny said:

Could be.

Or, whichever G turns back into a pumpkin at the wrong time. That could also do it 

Marek today with a good segment on how Vegas has a habit of turning good goalies into pumpkins 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:47 PM, Thorny said:

Vegas potential disadvantage mitigated.

Florida potential disadvantage intensified.

VERY interesting.

Particularly when it was obvious the layoff would hurt Florida

17 hours ago, Marvin said:

Honestly, if the officiating keeps up like this, I expect Florida to decide that if they are going to get over-penalised anyway, then they will make sure to "earn" the penalties.  This is what happened a lot during the goon era.

What happened in the goon era was the goonier teams (Flyers, Islanders) did not get enough penalties, hindering the skilled teams in a playoff series.  In fact, the skilled teams would often retaliate and then get the penalties.  It was like officiating you saw on TV watching professional wrestling.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

What happened in the goon era was the goonier teams (Flyers, Islanders) did not get enough penalties, hindering the skilled teams in a playoff series.  In fact, the skilled teams would often retaliate and then get the penalties.  It was like officiating you saw on TV watching professional wrestling.  

I’m picturing Tkachuk pointing up in the crowd, referee looking for what he’s pointing at. Tkachuk then spears Eichel in the groin.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I’m picturing Tkachuk pointing up in the crowd, referee looking for what he’s pointing at. Tkachuk then spears Eichel in the groin.

... and then Eichel gets a delay of game penalty.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

What *also* happened, and still happens, is that the goonier teams get away with stuff because "it's not that bad for a Bruin" or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 5/15/2023 at 12:36 AM, Quint said:

My question is how is everyone here going to react when Eichel turns out to be MVP of the Stanley Cup winning team this year?

From the playoff thread. I said it 5/15. I know, I know, I need a better PR agent.

42 minutes ago, Quint said:

From the playoff thread. I said it 5/15. I know, I know, I need a better PR agent.

Since you've brought it up again, I'll give my answer.

I don't care. He can win that and whatever. I don't have to wish hatred and dwell on or in negativity over Jack Eichel. He just doesn't matter much to me anymore. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Since you've brought it up again, I'll give my answer.

I don't care. He can win that and whatever. I don't have to wish hatred and dwell on or in negativity over Jack Eichel. He just doesn't matter much to me anymore. 

I only want the Sabres to win.

I don't care if former Sabres succeed.

In fact, I want them to. Make it hurt 

It drives home the point that you should never try to lose.

• Thanks (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This somehow makes the Sabres playoff drought worse. 17 of these teams have made the *final* since the Sabres last played a playoff game, more than half the league

absurd 

First thing I did was scan the teams that made a final to see where we were at.  Didn’t realize NYI and Tor were the only two “made it befores” with a longer drought than us.  Every other team that has made a final was there in the 2xxx’s.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Weave said:

First thing I did was scan the teams that made a final to see where we were at.  Didn’t realize NYI and Tor were the only two “made it befores” with a longer drought than us.  Every other team that has made a final was there in the 2xxx’s.

Yup. Even including all teams only Coyotes get added as a team that’s waited longer. 

Jets arguable but certainly not a continuous drought as you aren’t “waiting” if you don’t have a team 

On 6/6/2023 at 5:00 PM, Pimlach said:

Yep.  I try to explain this to my less enthusiastic hockey fan friends.  They simply cannot comprehend how a league can operate this way.  I give you the N.H.L. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I know he did, Just wondering if NHL should have stepped in, he looked dinged in head 

The league doesn’t seem to be consistent on checking guys out.

Tkachuk got rocked but it didn’t look like head contact. He definitely struggled to get his balance.

Edited by French Collection
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.