The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

You can't check people that don't have the puck and Dumba didn't turn into Pavelski until after the puck was well gone. Watch his feet. He doesn't turn his feet or change direction until after Pavelski dumps the puck at which point he both turns and then accelerates to initiate the contact with Pavelski. This wasn't an instance of finishing a check or even staying on one's chosen line. He altered his line to initiate a hit after the puck was gone. Interference at minimum. If this happened to a Sabre you all would be up in arms. That's in the same ballpark as Neil on Drury and I don't remember anybody defending Neil at the time.

He hits him less than a half of a second after the puck leaves his stick.

By the rules, it is a legal hit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

It was a legal hit and he shouldn't have even gotten the minor.

Hartman, on the other hand, shouldn't have even been playing to score the OT winner after that BS hit on Ehlers and the BS DoPS only giving him one game. Crock of shite.

I hope the Stars take the next 4 straight.

I totally agree with this.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

NJ getting worked by the Rangers.

Does it? Did this season look anything like previous years. They have been building nicely under Adam’s regime. Next year is the start of hopefully a long window

I wasn't actually referring to the Sabres because the Sabres haven't been in that sort of position in a long time. I was actually thinking of the Bills.

27 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Sheldon Keefe should be tarred and feathered in the locker room then rolled out of the arena in a barrel.

Does Sheldon Keefe play on the ice? 

9 minutes ago, Night Train said:

That a way, Leaf fans. Head for the exits, cursing over the $ you wasted.  False hope. 

$500-1000 for one seat, $200 for the Samsonov jersey, $80 for 4 beer and $30 for parking. Priceless!

The jersey ends up in the 45 gallon drum on fire in the concourse.

• Like (+1) 1

The injuries to the Bolts tonight might help the Sabres organization out. Rochester plays Syracuse in round two (round one, but there’s a play-in round in the AHL)…and SYR is the farm team for Tampa.  

If the Lightning need to call up Syracuse’s best forward and two best defenseman, that’ll help the Amerks out tremendously!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The injuries to the Bolts tonight might help the Sabres organization out. Rochester plays Syracuse in round two (round one, but there’s a play-in round in the AHL)…and SYR is the farm team for Tampa.  

If the Lightning need to call up Syracuse’s best forward and two best defenseman, that’ll help the Amerks out tremendously!

If Hedman and Cernak are out then they will be calling someone up. Bogo is their 7D.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate hate hate!!! they do divisional matchups for the 2/3 seeds. Just have it set up 1-8 by points and leave the forced divisional matchups out.

Toronto starting out strong as usual I see...

Not quite as bad as the NBA which is turning into a joke with their 9/10 seed playoff games against the 8/7 seeds. Why bother even having playoffs and playing the season if you still need playoff games with the final 4 seeds? Why are you rewarding a team potentially getting lucky in a game over 82 games of results?

And now their in-season tournament next year? WTF is that,??

Edited by matter2003

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

$500-1000 for one seat, $200 for the Samsonov jersey, $80 for 4 beer seltzers and $30 for parking. Priceless!

The jersey ends up in the 45 gallon drum on fire in the concourse.

FTFY.  Can't go getting all bloaty on a weeknight.  ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

When I turned on the Leafs broadcast so much pregame hype and the darlings of the Canadian sports media were shining again. This is the year! Then they played the game...............

Leafs be Leafs. Nothing new. Their best players were McCabe and O'Reilly. Guys they brought in at the deadline. Their "stars" got invisible as they always do come crunch time. Tampa thumped them with solid playoff hockey. Series isn't over though, Tampa's D depth is in question and if Hedman and Chernak can't play at close to 100% this thing can still shift. 

This game shows my fear for the Sabres plans too. Leafs are a high octane, offense team that love to play a puck possession game. This is what we are building AT THIS POINT. I have to hope KA watches this and realizes he's going to need a different make up to the team as a whole than he has building now. When we make the playoffs (finally) I don't want to be a decade of first round exits. I want a team that'll do some damage and eventually win the cup(s). 

Now back to watching Eichel (lose?) and maybe the Kraken. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.