The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

This game shows my fear for the Sabres plans too. Leafs are a high octane, offense team that love to play a puck possession game. This is what we are building AT THIS POINT. I have to hope KA watches this and realizes he's going to need a different make up to the team as a whole than he has building now. When we make the playoffs (finally) I don't want to be a decade of first round exits. I want a team that'll do some damage and eventually win the cup(s). 

Sabres are building a more balanced lineup. Dahlin and Power are better than any Leaf’s D. Leafs have tried many different guys in net, never able to find or grow their own true #1. Spending most of their cap on 4 forwards limits their depth and rounding out the lineup.

Being Toronto their big 4 took all the money they could get, not taking a bit of a discount to have a better team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Sabres are building a more balanced lineup. Dahlin and Power are better than any Leaf’s D. Leafs have tried many different guys in net, never able to find or grow their own true #1. Spending most of their cap on 4 forwards limits their depth and rounding out the lineup.

Being Toronto their big 4 took all the money they could get, not taking a bit of a discount to have a better team.

The Tage & Cozens extensions in place will ensure the cap is spread around the lineup and we won’t be in the Toronto quandary. Thank goodness. 

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

This is true, but although we have Power and Dahlin the D will have to be improved as a whole. If Levi is a star we will have that covered as well, but stylistically there are similarities. KA has to look at Tampa's history and build a tougher bottom 6 to go with the top 6 offense. 

Guess we really won't know if we have playoff guys or guys who become invisible (like some of the leafs) until we actually make the playoffs. Hopefully this'll be next year. 

2 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The Tage & Cozens extensions in place will ensure the cap is spread around the lineup and we won’t be in the Toronto quandary. Thank goodness. 

True, but we will have to dump BIG money at Dahlin and later Power. We can still easily end up with too much talent that wants to be paid. Hopefully KA extrapolates his cap properly and balances things out. I still think some "talent" will have to be moved out for low cost grit. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

True, but we will have to dump BIG money at Dahlin and later Power. We can still easily end up with too much talent that wants to be paid. Hopefully KA extrapolates his cap properly and balances things out. I still think some "talent" will have to be moved out for low cost grit. 

How much do you think he signs for?

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Every top team has players that have to be paid. Having enough talent to be able to have to choose is a big positive. Sabres have young talent coming up too that will be high end low cost elc players. That is how the top teams do it.

Edited by Flashsabre

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I know careers are short but Tavares, Matthews and Marner all making around  $11M limits them so much. They are among the top paid in the league, on one team.

You would pyjama boy would play in Toronto for free the way he fought back tears when signing.

Matthews is all about the money, I doubt he has any loyalty to Toronto.

Marner didn’t want to make less than those two after leading the team in scoring for a few years.

Nylander holding out half a season is out of his Dad’s playbook.

Back to your point on TNT and Cozens, the team was smart to lock them up early and the players didn’t try to bleed the team for every last penny.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Every top team has players that have to be paid. Having enough talent to be able to have to choose is a big positive. Sabres have young talent coming up too that will be high end low cost elc players. That is how the top teams do it.

Bergeron and Marchand were underpaid for their careers but they wanted to be there and wanted the team to afford more players.

5 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Leafs got ran. VGK look like dung. If WPG can hold on, I might be overdosing on schadenfreude.

Not sure about Matt Murray’s status but I can see Keefe trying him if Samsonov blows another one. The way Perry and the boys crash the net, Murray will break by the second period.

UPL could beat VGK with this amount of shots.

The hitting in the Colorado/Seattle game during the 2nd period was unreal. Some of the best hard clean hits I've seen in awhile. 

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

Another minus one for Jack Eichel

Also see he is still a floater out there. Guess a tiger can't change its stripes.

I haven't sat down to take in any of these series, yet. Are there any that stand out? First choice was going to be the Boston series, but I really don't like them although I can respect the talent.

Kind of interested in the NJ series to see how a Lindy team does.

Was thinking of watching the McJesus's for McJesus.

7 minutes ago, ... said:

I haven't sat down to take in any of these series, yet. Are there any that stand out? First choice was going to be the Boston series, but I really don't like them although I can respect the talent.

Kind of interested in the NJ series to see how a Lindy team does.

Was thinking of watching the McJesus's for McJesus.

Wild vs Stars is a war.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.