The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

45 minutes ago, ... said:

We have a better top 2.5 lines in my opinion. Could better forward group altogether depending on what happens this summer. Schmid is definitely a playoff goalie, though, which we haven't seen in Buffalo in many a moon.

Hmm. 22 goalie in his 2nd professional season.  Was in the USHL 2 years ago.  Veddy Eeen-ter-est-ingk.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Trouba just Campbelled Meier.

That should be a penalty- shoulder to head.  That's precisely why they have the rule against targeting the head; the fact that he was looking down does not excuse the target.  But what do I know?

The verb is Umberger.  As in, Meier just got Umbergered by Trouba.  (And suppose it could be said that Meier skated into a Trouba-door and it twernt open neither.)

And yes, it sure did look like shoulder to head was the primary and initial point of contact.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Kane wanted to be a Ranger so badly

A bunch of teams made deadline moves that were supposed to put them over the top. Rangers added Tarasenko too.

Boston was already good and added Bertuzzi and Orlov. Florida didn’t add.

I don’t think Carolina added much. Same with Seattle. Dallas kept the same lineup.

Chemistry is more important than I might realize but tough to judge unless you are an insider.

Maybe KA is on the right track.

• Like (+1) 1

old guys heading for the golf courses all over. Kane was garbage. He's done.  Trochek was garbage. Another guy from the loser version of Florida hmmm......

So I guess the optimists here will look at Schmid and think Levi next year. Speed and youth. Difference however is they added some key pieces to that mix and kept some grit. Let's hope we follow suit. 

That Lindy Ruff guy has an odd name, but I guess he's a pretty good coach. 🙂

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

old guys heading for the golf courses all over. Kane was garbage. He's done.  Trochek was garbage. Another guy from the loser version of Florida hmmm......

So I guess the optimists here will look at Schmid and think Levi next year. Speed and youth. Difference however is they added some key pieces to that mix and kept some grit. Let's hope we follow suit. 

That Lindy Ruff guy has an odd name, but I guess he's a pretty good coach. 🙂

Agree about Kane. I hope Adams has no interest in him…no matter what the salary is. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The verb is Umberger.  As in, Meier just got Umbergered by Trouba.  (And suppose it could be said that Meier skated into a Trouba-door and it twernt open neither.)

And yes, it sure did look like shoulder to head was the primary and initial point of contact.

Umberger would be the object of the sentence. Meier got Campbelled would be the correct grammar would it not? 

It was shoulder to head, but Meier was bent over, the shoulder wasn't raised. 

21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Just want to point out that Schmid is a few months older than Levi.  Levi is NOT TOO YOUNG to start in the NHL.

I just looked, it’s actually 18 months. Levi will be the same age when he plays his first playoff game.

Schmid has played 61 AHL games between the USHL and the NHL. That is not very much pro experience.

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Umberger would be the object of the sentence. Meier got Campbelled would be the correct grammar would it not? 

It was shoulder to head, but Meier was bent over, the shoulder wasn't raised. 

Nope.  Umbergered as in Meier got left in a pool of his own drool with no idea of where he is just like when RJ had his last name converted into a verb.

• Disagree 1

That was delicious. Happy for Lindy.

Kane was not helping his PR agent by being a doosh in the line.

This is going to be an excellent second round.

I mean, there's nothing stat-wise to base this on, but I am enthusiastic about the Sabres next season after watching this first round.

• dislike 1

17 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I don’t think Carolina added much. Same with Seattle. Dallas kept the same lineup.

Chemistry is more important than I might realize but tough to judge unless you are an insider.

Dallas added Domi and Dadonov.

40 minutes ago, French Collection said:

A bunch of teams made deadline moves that were supposed to put them over the top. Rangers added Tarasenko too.

Boston was already good and added Bertuzzi and Orlov. Florida didn’t add.

Every year and every situation is different.  Some years teams add and it helps. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Nope.  Umbergered as in Meier got left in a pool of his own drool with no idea of where he is just like when RJ had his last name converted into a verb.

The passive verb would be Umbergered; you are correct:  Meier got Umbergered.  But the active verb would be Trouba Campbelled him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.