GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets - April 14, 2023 - 7:30PM, MSG-B📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Damn I was hoping Tage going for 50 would give the game some meaning. 

Farewell to Kyle? 

idk, I guess I will watch so that I can say I saw all 82. Hopefully something entertaining happens. 

Milestone watch:

Skinner and Tuch playing for 80 points.  Cozens 70.  Mittelstadt 60.  Olofsson 30 goals and 40 points.  Okposo 30 points.  Krebs 10 goals.  Hinostroza (if he gets in) 10 assists.  Clague 1 goal.

All need from 1 to 3 to reach those milestones.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Quint said:

Wonder what is wrong with Tage. He keeps falling down, like he loses he balance. Never saw that problem in his skating before. I assume Mule is down and they should probably sit Dahlin. Also please give a retirement ceremony to UPL/Comrie at the end of the game too.

His back is lit saw him him stretching on the boards during the ranger game unless its a quad or hamstring

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Milestone watch:

Skinner and Tuch playing for 80 points.  Cozens 70.  Mittelstadt 60.  Olofsson 30 goals and 40 points.  Okposo 30 points.  Krebs 10 goals.  Hinostroza (if he gets in) 10 assists.  Clague 1 goal.

All need from 1 to 3 to reach those milestones.

Fair enough. Get VO 30 to increase his trade value. 

• Like (+1) 2

Last game in what was a fun season.  I'm going to hope for a Kyle Okposo goal tonight!  As for the goalies, my hope would be Levi but if it is either UPL or Comrie I just wonder if that has any future meaning?  VO scoring wouldn't hurt and bringing home a win to get to 91 points would be nice.

Thank you everyone from the Pegula's on down for a good season and hopefully the start of a bright future!

Go Sabres.

image.png.8b640cca5e8fbc86632009d497c48490.png

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

His back is lit saw him him stretching on the boards during the ranger game unless its a quad or hamstring

It looked like he was having an issue with his right hand or wrist on the bench right before he got up and went to the locker room.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Levi in net

Anyone wanting to know Comrie’s and UPL’s futures in Buffalo there is your answer. It is the last game, a nothing game as far as importance and neither Comrie or UPL , who they didn’t trust down the stretch,  get thrown a bone with a start to end the year.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Anyone wanting to know Comrie’s and UPL’s futures in Buffalo there is your answer. It is the last game, a nothing game as far as importance and neither Comrie or UPL , who they didn’t trust down the stretch,  get thrown a bone with a start to end the year.

That means nothing. I’m expecting one of them playing with the Sabres next season

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Cool for the Levi news.

As somebody else posted, this makes a statement about where Comrie and UPL fit into next season's plans.

Comrie played well his last two games, a shutty on the Island then a .927 sv% in an OTL vs Montreal...  then he hasn't seen the ice for well over 2 weeks.   Odd.  

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

That means nothing. I’m expecting one of them playing with the Sabres next season

Disagree. Comrie and UPL weren’t trusted down the stretch when they needed wins. Then the final game, a nothing game and they don’t even hand it to one of them. It tells me they are ready to move on. There is no reason Levi has to play tonight. If one of them was going to be his partner next year you play that guy as a little reward for sitting on the sidelines while the season was on the line.

5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Comrie played well his last two games, a shutty on the Island then a .927 sv% in an OTL vs Montreal...  then he hasn't seen the ice for well over 2 weeks.   Odd.  

For whatever reason they don't seem comfortable in what Comrie brings.  Or, reading it the opposite way, maybe they believe the injuries he's battled through aren't quite healed (or maybe they were exacerbated in the Habs game) so they're shutting him down to have him healthy next season.

Don't know.  Either way, want to see Varlamov paired with Levi next year and hopefully one of the other 2 can be snuck into Ra-cha-cha.  Comrie probably has the better chance of getting through waivers.  (Provided Winnipeg isn't desperate for a backup.  They seem to have a love hate relationship with that kid.)

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I’m assuming they promised the kid X number of games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.