GDT: Hurricanes @ Sabres - April 8, 2023, 12:30pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't have a good feel. I don't trust UPL.

The Sabres are 1-7-2 in their last 10 games against Carolina and 4-3-3 in their last 10 at home.

42 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t have a good feeling because we don’t match up well vs Carolina.  

I think its best we didn’t subject the chosen one to the ***** show we might see tonight.

I hope Im wrong.

39 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Every time I’ve watched this Sabres team play Carolina, it’s looked like a total mismatch. 

I’m hoping that the Sabres can find another level to their game today.

31 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Carolina feasts off our nearly nonexistent defensive coverage. Does not matter if Hasek in his prime was put in. These games are rarely competitive. Hopefully today is different. 

14 minutes ago, Kristian said:

UPL in net? Game over….

Must Win - Sabres will play lights out in front of the hometown fans in todays matinee game. 

Sabres - 5

Canes - 3

• Like (+1) 1

I would like to see a competitive game and how we match up against one of the best.  

If it does turn sour, I would like to see Dahlin, Cozens, Tuch, Greenway, Stillman, or even Krebs address the Kotkiniemi sucker punch on Dahlin from the November4th game.  Dahlin missed time and the Sabres went on the 8 game losing streak. To me that changed the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

The Buffalo Sabres host the Carolina Hurricanes this afternoon as NHL action resumes following a full day off. 

Faceoff from KeyBank Center is set for 12:30 p.m. Tickets are on sale now. Fans can watch the game on MSG and WGR 550 with pregame coverage starting at noon on MSG.

The Ottawa Senators and Detroit Red Wings were officially eliminated from playoff contention following Thursday's slate of games. The Sabres can reach a maximum of 93 points with 33 regulation wins so they can stay in the mix if they earn at least a point today - although wins are obviously preferred at this point. 

Today, the Sabres will be saluting their youngest generation of fans.

Six lucky kids have been selected to represent Sabretooth's All-Star lineup and will be recognized for the work they do in the classroom and in the community. 

These lucky fans were nominated and will receive tickets to the game, a Sabres swag bag and passes to Sabres Access, where they'll be able to cheer on the team before they take the ice.

The first 5,000 kids in attendance will receive a special Buffalo Sabres pop-it toy. 

This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season. Carolina defeated Buffalo 5-1 at KeyBank Center in their last matchup on February 1 and they also took home the first matchup of the season on November 4 by a 5-3 decision.

The Sabres are 1-7-2 in their last 10 games against Carolina and 4-3-3 in their last 10 at home.

This is the 211th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina; Buffalo has a 103-79-28series record. The Sabres are 59-34-11 at home against the Hurricanes all-time.

Carolina currently leads the Metropolitan Division with 109 points, but the Devils are just one point behind. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

UPL would literally be my last choice in net…interesting decision.

I think we reasonably know that we're not going to playoffs. UPL needs to show more before anyone is ready to say he's ready for regular #1 or #2 on this or any other NHL team. I think that's reason to play him.

26 minutes ago, Radar said:

I think we reasonably know that we're not going to playoffs. UPL needs to show more before anyone is ready to say he's ready for regular #1 or #2 on this or any other NHL team. I think that's reason to play him.

Until they lose 1 more game though, they are still in it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

For some reason, UPL has been able backstop the Sabres to a 97-point pace this year.

Sometimes he’s been good, other times he’s been terrible. Over the past month (8 appearances), he’s had 3 starts of .923 or better, 4 of .897 or worse and a perfect 23 minutes of relief.

Flip a coin.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

For some reason, UPL has been able backstop the Sabres to a 97-point pace this year.

Sometimes he’s been good, other times he’s been terrible. Over the past month (8 appearances), he’s had 3 starts of .923 or better, 4 of .897 or worse and a perfect 23 minutes of relief.

Flip a coin.

In addition, the results include how his team is playing in front of him.  

Two of the least-hitting teams in the league at play today. Expect lots of speed and not a lot of contact, but notable is that Carolina's hit leaders are all forwards (Staal, Svechnikov [out injured], and Kotkaniemi) and the Sabres are all defensemen (but much lower in number of hits) (Dahlin, Samuelsson, Lyubushkin).

Because of the ties of front offices (Karmanos, etc.), the analytics approach to draft engaged-all-time forwards (Kulich, Östlund, Quinn, Savoie) and skating defensemen -- this is probably the roster that the Sabres are most trying to emulate.

I'd rather see Comrie vs. UPL on any games not being played by Levi....well, maybe Anderson for his final game against Ottawa.  We know what we're getting with UPL, which is that we DON'T know what we'll get....he's hot and cold.  I need to see more of Comrie because I don't know what we have there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.