GDT: Hurricanes @ Sabres - April 8, 2023, 12:30pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

Carolina took the momentum away from us after we scored early… We never recovered it… Skated and played catch up… Like we were overwhelmed… Confounding in a Must Win game… DG better get their attention… This where we miss veterans with playoff experience

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I’m glad you said stronger and not the tired overused and inaccurate “bigger” trope.  

Yup. The only contributors on the Canes who aren't 24+ and in their prime are Kotkaniemi and Jarvis. And you can see the difference in coaching in terms of defensive pressure, which you can do when you've got a great top-4 of defensemen all 28 years old (and Burns being paid under $2M with retention).

The Sabres can become this team, but it requires experience and a mindset change defensively.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Believer said:

Carolina took the momentum away from us after we scored early… We never recovered it… Skated and played catch up… Like we were overwhelmed… Confounding in a Must Win game… DG better get their attention… This where we miss veterans with playoff experience

I don’t think DG talks to players during games. If he does, he’s either saying the wrong things, or nobody’s listening.

4 minutes ago, Believer said:

that is what they do. The play a full 200 foot game, actually shorter because teams have a hard time getting past the neutral zone.

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Yup. The only contributors on the Canes who aren't 24+ and in their prime are Kotkaniemi and Jarvis. And you can see the difference in coaching in terms of defensive pressure, which you can do when you've got a great top-4 of defensemen all 28 years old (and Burns being paid under $2M with retention).

The Sabres can become this team, but it requires experience and a mindset change defensively.

I hope it's a mindset problem and not just players who don't know how to or aren't willing to play both sides of the ice.

2 minutes ago, Quint said:

I think his ultimate long-term success is going to be dictated by a strong defense, which Buffalo is pretty far away from having.

WAIT. Really?

I counter with Dahls, Power (overall #1 picks), & Muel. 

Joker should move to 3rd line, and get a D4 to play with Power in offseason.

Boosh & Stillman D 6/7.

NEXT YEAR… even then will be an area to build upon.

Denver Broncos Football GIF by Broncos

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I’m glad you said stronger and not the tired overused and inaccurate “bigger” trope.  

We are big in terms of height.  I am talking about physical strength.  It will take a few more years to get stronger, especially since the plan is to feed in more rookies next season.  

19 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

I don't mind losing,  but damn, freaking show up

We are still in it.  

We need to get more shots, obviously, and we have to play stronger team defense.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

WAIT. Really?

I counter with Dahls, Power (overall #1 picks), & Muel. 

Joker should move to 3rd line, and get a D4 to play with Power in offseason.

Boosh & Stillman D 6/7.

NEXT YEAR… even then will be an area to build upon.

Denver Broncos Football GIF by Broncos

The problem with Dahlin and Power is they focus more on their offensive that defense 

• dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.