Devon Levi Signed to 3 year deal

sabresparaavida

25 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yeah, when metrics come to conclusions like this, I have less interest in metrics.

What a truly ignorant way of looking at this. Idk how else to even word it. 

40 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So other than being unable to score and keep the puck out of their own goal, they are fine.

Got it.

That's not what this shows but you don't care anymore than Weeve cares in trying to understand it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

What a truly ignorant way of looking at this. Idk how else to even word it. 

Yeah, you’re right.  I know nothing about statistics.  *eyeroll emoji*

What I do know is that the goals for stats don’t tell the story regarding this teams inability to overcome an opponent who is committed To clogging lanes and develop sustained high danger opportunities , resulting in primarily transient scoring chances.  Yes, the goalies suck.  The team also sucks at preventing forced and unforced turnovers leading to opportunities the other way.

But you be you and go right to your typical condescending response as a first reaction.

• dislike 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Yeah, you’re right.  I know nothing about statistics.  *eyeroll emoji*

What I do know is that the goals for stats don’t tell the story regarding this teams inability to overcome an opponent who is committed To clogging lanes and develop sustained high danger opportunities , resulting in primarily transient scoring chances.  Yes, the goalies suck.  The team also sucks at preventing forced and unforced turnovers leading to opportunities the other way.

But you be you and go right to your typical condescending response as a first reaction.

Didn't say you know nothing about statistics.  There I hope that clears it up for you Weave. Wouldn't want you to think I am being condescending when your post was just straight up dismissive. 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Yeah, when metrics come to conclusions like this, I have less interest in metrics.

You have less interest in the metric. Fine, that is because you don't understand or have no desire to incorporate what they are telling you into your thought process. If that is condescending than yes, I am 100% condescending to someone who refuses to use all the available information. Oh and your explanation up top is only partially right. Have a wonderful afternoon. 

7 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

So other than being unable to score and keep the puck out of their own goal, they are fine.

Got it.

A lot of it speaks to the baked in mentality of being a Sabres fan in 2023 - 

“the key is to not.”

Not.

Do less - patience. Future - Tim Murray bad. Win now bad. Win later. 

In reality, the key isn’t to “not” do, anything. 

DO upgrade the “awful” goaltending. There is no try.

Edited by Thorny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Weave said:

Your problem isn’t with the metrics, it’s with the letters that come before “metrix” in the twitter handle in question. Just because the numbers attempt to measure data objectively doesn’t mean the interpretations of said numbers aren’t wildly prone to bias

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Your problem isn’t with the metrics, it’s with the letters that come before “metrix” in the twitter handle in question. Just because the numbers attempt to measure data objectively doesn’t mean the interpretations of said numbers aren’t wildly prone bias

Pro tip - If you don’t post this with obvious scorn you aren’t adequately conveying your vast knowledge of the subject.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Pro tip - If you don’t post this with obvious scorn you aren’t adequately conveying your vast knowledge of the subject.

Scorn for whom?

My only issue is with the handle on twitter framing the numbers the way they did. But it’s twitter. They have no idea what they are doing.

Edited by Thorny

On 3/22/2023 at 8:46 AM, PASabreFan said:

Got it.

These fancy stats can’t fool you.  

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Levi is still awaiting His Immigration Status to be cleared up

Really.  Isn’t this routine?  Paperwork in place, submit, done. 

confused 80s GIF by Client Liaison

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Levi is still awaiting His Immigration Status to be cleared up

That's ridiculous.  Frankly, it seems unheard of.  Players from all over the world get traded across the border all the time and I can't remember a six day wait for a work permit.

And more, I had a partner who did this stuff for NHL players once upon a time, and I know it never took him this long.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That's ridiculous.  Frankly, it seems unheard of.  Players from all over the world get traded across the border all the time and I can't remember a six day wait for a work permit.

And more, I had a partner who did this stuff for NHL players once upon a time, and I know it never took him this long.

I'd imagine that the process is slightly different given that it's his first contract/first time working in the league.  But yeah, it still seems like a crazy amount of time.  Clearly they must have found a ton of skeletons buried in his closet, some sort of international smuggling ring in his family's past.  He may in fact be a supervillain or even an alien.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Regarding the immigration issue, can anyone here tell me how and in what way the Sabres can influence the speed of the process one way or the other? 

This immigration issue is perplexing. I can understand a short delay but not this length. What makes it even more odd is that he played for an American school. I understand that his permitting relates to employment but I don't know what could be the cause of this delay.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.