Devon Levi Signed to 3 year deal

sabresparaavida

Who is the worst opponent on the remaining schedule?

Just now, Mr. Allen said:

Just read Adams said Levi will be on the NHL roster for the rest of the year? 
I’d rather him get acclimated and get some pt in Rochester. 

You think Levi would have signed to be playing in Rochester?

I am ready to see what he has or anyone else that wants a shot.....maybe we need an open tryout..... At this point i think a chair with a stick duck taped could do better than anyone not name Anderson....I have seen enough of Comrie and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. That 1st Shootout goal the other night says it all about Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen......Neither current goalie not named Anderson belongs in the NHL in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Works for me because there is no way he can be any worse than UPL and I’m damned sure he can stop at least one out of three shootout attempts. I doubt the Sabres agree though. Gotta believe he starts in Rochester. But stranger things have happened. 

Just wondering if he is eligible for the playoffs in rochester ? if not might be better to keep him up with the sabres, let him see some NHL speed in practice at least.

I don’t think that they should jump Levi straight to getting consistent NHL starts.

If they want to start him off in NHL practice to get a good feel for eachother and/or if they want to give him 1-2 NHL starts if they fall out of the playoff race, that’s fine.  I think he needs to work his way through Rochester before becoming a full time NHLer though.

I know that Levi seems like a unique breed mentally, but I still worry about confidence issues, not to mention technical development, with rushing a young goalie to the NHL.  I hope they don’t do it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Just wondering if he is eligible for the playoffs in rochester ? if not might be better to keep him up with the sabres, let him see some NHL speed in practice at least.

I honestly don’t know the AHL playoff eligibility rules. Good idea to let him get some practice with the team. Let him see some TNT one timers. That’ll get him acclimated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.