Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Why?  They have 10 games to go, their schedule in the last 10 is much harder than the 1st 7, they've suffered huge losses to injury and they look terrible.

You might think the Bills are still likely to make the playoffs, but it's far from absurd to think they won't.

Exactly why I'm basing my opinion on the negative on playoffs. The injuries are piling up on the D side and the offense is staggering for large portions of games. I don't expect 40+ points every game, but the 4th quarter pile on points wise was a dam that was bound to break.

3 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Man, the drought really did a number on you. This is an absurd statement.

Not really absurd at all. I'm merely looking at the teams play, it's injuries, it's inability to correct even after reviewing game tape, which they do. So far as I can tell, teams pressure the pocket, our O line collapses in some form or another and Josh no longer uses his legs north and south the way he used to. He does a lot of lateral running now.

The D is heavily banged up and the weapons Josh does have cannot seem to execute at key game moments. I see no playoffs this year given the stacking of negatives, and if they do by chance make it in, I see no home field, no way to counter opposing AFC teams consistency.

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/18/2023 at 5:50 PM, Taro T said:

He did.  It happens about once every 4 games that he has one that everybody in the building expected him to catch.  Considering the targets he gets and that it seems to happen weekly for the 2nd and 3rd targets on the squad, pretty sure Allen isn't picking a new favorite just yet.  😉

It happened again.

14 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

Is it just me or did it seem as though the Cheats*** defense knew the plays better than the Bills offense? Either that or LOTS of lucky guesses at what defense to play when. 

Everybody that watches knows the plays as much as the bills offence. I watch the games with a couple friends and the three of us are calling out correct plays correctly presnap(run/pass, what type, which direction, who first read will be, routes and concepts ) We may get one or two routes wrong from time to time but for the most part we're pretty spot on. I'm sure defensive coordinators that have much more football knowledge than us can pick up on the same things. 

13 hours ago, SwampD said:

The refs spotted the pats 14 points and the bills still almost won. The best was when they were actually showing a replay of the penalty as the refs were saying they were picking up flag. It’s a joke.

Oh, and Knox sucks.

Refs also helped the Bills out a lot. They were bad for both sides. 

13 hours ago, Pimlach said:

The game was horribly officiated, much to the benefit of NE.  

Still, the Bills offense was "not prepared" for the 3rd week in a row.  They did not score a TD in the first half.  They cannot execute consistently.  They clearly are making Allen stop running and trying to get more people involved but it seems the offense has a lot of mediocre talent after Diggs.  There are no playmakers besides Allen/Diggs.   Knox with another big drop, Davis invisible again, the OL was terrible in pass blocking.  Something is wrong.  

Defensively, we were absolutely terrible on the first drive and on the last drive.  In between they were simply  inconsistent against a team that averaged about 12 points per game.   Make no mistake, NE has  terrible offense and a terrible QB, but not today.  At least we can say "no Tre, no Milano, no Oliver, no Jones" but still, we have enough horses to beat this team that was literally circling the drain up until today.   

MCDermott and Dorsey have to be better.

They have a tough game on Thursday with a short week.   Thankful that Tampa will not have too much time to prepare, Bellicheck revealed a lot of warts today.  

This loss puts us two behind Miami, and that is 3 straight really lousy games,  and we are looking more like a Wild Card with each passing week.  

Refs extended a few Bills drives with questionable calls. The last couple weeks the refs tried to keep the Bills in the game. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Kr632 said:

Refs extended a few Bills drives with questionable calls. The last couple weeks the refs tried to keep the Bills in the game. 

What were they yesterday? I only remember two drives extended and both were actual roughing the passer penalties. They were not questionable.

47 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Shouldn't you be on the phone with tech support?  Less than 12 hours until you can't watch tonight's game.

Showing them true colors. Keep going. It's one of the comforting constants in life. Now how many half points will the Sabres accrue every 11-13.5 games in order to have 103 points again?

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Believer said:

Stunning loss…

Fortunate we are at home in a short week against a low scoring TB team…

Just win.

Stunning is a good word for it. 

Look at the offense versus Miami and then all the games since. They are getting worse every week. That is two losses to NFL bottom feeders. 

The offense is also pretty healthy.  Looking like the coaches have lost the players.  Bench Davis and Knox and play whoever can contribute. 

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's getting close to catastrophe. The Giants and Pats are simply bad.... And we're worse. 

Idk if this is the coaching at all or just execution, but changes need to be coming

This is what I am curious about.  Lots of ammo being used on the coaching staff, but are the players executing what's called? Frankly I don't care enough to figure it out, but you have to wonder.

I watched the first Patriots drive and then flipped over the F1 pre-race show and never went back. I kept looking at scoring updates on my phone and shaking my head.

Clearly things are wrong and someone needs to make some changes.

• Like (+1) 2

Well we are really going to see what this coaching staff is made up of the next several weeks.  I think this will be a big moment for our future.  Can the current staff get these guys back on track?  It makes me nervous when they openly say they have no real answers right now.  We face a tough Tampa team then onto Cincy.  That could be ugly. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Not really absurd at all. I'm merely looking at the teams play, it's injuries, it's inability to correct even after reviewing game tape, which they do. So far as I can tell, teams pressure the pocket, our O line collapses in some form or another and Josh no longer uses his legs north and south the way he used to. He does a lot of lateral running now.

The D is heavily banged up and the weapons Josh does have cannot seem to execute at key game moments. I see no playoffs this year given the stacking of negatives, and if they do by chance make it in, I see no home field, no way to counter opposing AFC teams consistency.

Not only will they make it, they'll do so by winning the division, which guarantees a home game. And AFC team consistency? You know *every* AFC team that isn't the Chiefs has multiple losses, right?

Want to make it interesting? How about a username bet. You think they're most likely to miss the playoffs, I think they're most likely to make the playoffs. Whoever wins the best picks out a new username for the loser (which they're then stuck with for at least 6 months because that's how often you can name change here).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Coaching is awful and is the most fixable. 

Offense has no weapons past Diggs and Kincaid. Bunch of overpaid drop artists. 

Defensive is too injured. No team can absorb the number of injuries they’ve sustained. 

Team has mental issues if they are always playing up or down to their competition. Didn’t have that last couple years, but now it’s ever present on both sides of the ball. 

Edited by triumph_communes

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

What were they yesterday? I only remember two drives extended and both were actual roughing the passer penalties. They were not questionable.

The first roughing was absolutely questionable. Josh flopping and red having poor angle are only reason it's called. Announcers made comment about it. There was a defensive holding or something that was questionable as well. Think announcers commented on it as well but might have been a different play. We got away with some as well as long as they weren't Taron. 

1 minute ago, Kr632 said:

The first roughing was absolutely questionable. Josh flopping and red having poor angle are only reason it's called. Announcers made comment about it. There was a defensive holding or something that was questionable as well. Think announcers commented on it as well but might have been a different play. We got away with some as well as long as they weren't Taron. 

Just because Josh made sure they saw it doesn't mean that it still wasn't late and therefore roughing.

That fourth and 2 stop that turned into a 1st and 10 call was beyond BS. Same with the 1st and goal at the end. Those were questionable and it's not even close.

Oh, and Knox still sucks.

4 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

One thought I had…the Bills offense scored two fourth quarter touchdowns while running the two minute offense.  

Maybe Buffalo should come out of the gate in the hurry up K-Gun style offense on Thursday? 

Buffalo Bills Football GIF