Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

59 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

6’4” WR from Florida 

Hodgins replacement.

Why they kept that kid on the PS rather than elevate him last year still is puzzling.  With the way Bass puts the ball through the end zone when they want him to and the hang time Martin had, didn't understand why they insisted on keeping the best STers they could around at the expense of the other 2 units which get way more snaps per game.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, sure. I guess? Dude's a load. Between Damien Harris, the rookie guard (who's a throwback run mauler (I am much less clear on his pass pro)), and now this ... there seems to be an effort to become more physical on the O-side of the ball.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I mean, sure. I guess? Dude's a load. Between Damien Harris, the rookie guard (who's a throwback run mauler (I am much less clear on his pass pro)), and now this ... there seems to be an effort to become more physical on the O-side of the ball.

I really like this signing.  He looked good last year and Beane said he actually played better last year and then the year prior. The question is are we really going to carry 4 running backs plus Reggie at FB?

I’ve been reading the draft grade stories and almost everyone really likes our draft.  Kincaid is the new slot receiver, Torrance will probably win the Guard job.  I think Shorter has a real shot at being a guy who can stretch the field but also compete for TD’s in the red zone.  The 7th rd picks look like guys with lots of experience and surprisingly good resumes.  Other than not getting more DT depth, the draft really went well. 

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'm confused what you guys are doing why are you signing so many running backs? 

15 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

He is this year's Duke Johnson. If the RB room is healthy then your lasting memory of him will be the third preseason game 

And with the way that the Practice Squad works nowadays (is that a COVID side effect?), Murray can be stashed there without too much risk of being signed away. I think they're being mindful of Damien Harris's injury history.

• Like (+1) 1

I see no issue with looking at Murray. In the cap age, the roster is full of 1-2 year deals surrounding the core that eats up the cap. He produced when called on, while helping out at a Orlando area high school. Lots of bridge players in the NFL. 

I suppose we're all different in viewing the team but I always wait until camp to view the progress of the roster with the Bills and Sabres. Who is securing a role/roster spot and who isn't.  I get many fans are optimistic by nature. What's wrong with that ?  Yet predicting failure with limited or no knowledge seems to be the new hip thingy these days in social media. Strange world. 

20 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

And with the way that the Practice Squad works nowadays (is that a COVID side effect?), Murray can be stashed there without too much risk of being signed away. I think they're being mindful of Damien Harris's injury history.

Most RBs get dinged up throughout the season.  It’s good insurance to bring in as many NFL caliber RBs as you can.  I bet Murray sees 20-30 touches this season. 

• Agree 1

No guarantees on how it works out, but, in the abstract, it is always fun when your hometown team is among the teams where coveted FA's sign for less because they want to chase a ring.

Plus: The guy is bowling ball shaped and his name is Poona.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

After the draft and with the addition of Ford, how are people feeling about the Bills right now for next season?

McDermott calling the shots and has the most weapons he’s ever had. I disliked Frasier

Offense only got better. 

Josh got rid of a distraction  

We’re a contender. If the media sleeps on it even better 

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

BTW, the WR the Bills drafted looks reasonably fit:

Holy mackerel.

Aaron Maybin and that MLB they drafted out of FSU were fitness models too. 

But I really do hope that he's great. 

• Like (+1) 1