Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

18 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I think the Bills need to go WR early. Diggs will turn 30 this season, and that used to be the accepted gold standard of WR drop off.
Gabe Davis is a guy, but probably not a second contract guy. He’s a UFA after next year.

Shakir didn’t show much (somehow he got 275 snaps last year, but only 20 targets/10 catches….so like I said, not much).  Plus the additions of Harty & Sherfield. And that’s it. A potential, but unlikely DeAndre trade doesn’t really fix much beyond the next year or two as well.

The Bills really need to hit on a WR in this draft, and I’m fine if that’s the first pick they make. 

Just to be clear, I’m not saying one way or the other what position they “need to go”, I’m merely saying given what’s occurred to this point in the offseason the signs point to a need position on defense. But like I said, if a blue chip offensive player should fall or Beane likes one enough to trade up to get, then I could see an offensive player being the pick. A lot can happen between now and the draft, though. 

• Like (+1) 2

Saw where the league is considering havnig the Thursday night games at the end of the season to be flexible. They'd move a scheduled Sunday afternoon game during weeks 14-17 onto Thursday and presumably bump the original bad Thursday night game over to Sunday. There would be 15 day notice of the change in dates/ times.

Does anything say they don't care 1 lick for the people attending games more than making that change? Sure, you've had flights and hotels booked for 4 months. Too bad, so sad. Nobody wants to watch the Jest play the Lions on Thursday night in December. They want Denver KC for some reason nobody outside the NFL headquarters can comprehend. So those of you travelling to Detroit and KC, tough noogies.

Edited by Taro T
Grammatical fix
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, K-9 said:

I gotta believe our first pick will be defense

Seems like this has to be the case.

15 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The Bills really need to hit on a WR in this draft, and I’m fine if that’s the first pick they make. 

Problem is, this is reportedly not the draft in which to do it. (That said, I keep holding out hope that the Bills can happen upon one of those late round WR's who go on to become an All Pro.)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Saw where the league is considering havnig the Thursday night games at the end of the season to be flexible. They'd move a scheduled Sunday afternoon game during weeks 14-17 onto Thursday and presumably bump the original bad Thursday night game over to Sunday. There would be 15 day notice of the change in dates/ times.

Does anything say they don't care 1 lick for the people attending games more than making that change? Sure, you've had flights and hotels booked for 4 months. Too bad, so sad. Nobody wants to watch the Jest play the Lions on Thursday night in December. They want Denver KC for some reason nobody outside the NFL headquarters can comprehend. So those of you travelling to Detroit and KC, tough noogies.

I'd say that hopefully people are made very aware of this horrific rule ahead of time.  But even still, that's right around the Christmas season where people specifically choose that game because they'll be in town.  It really is a giant FU to everyone.  And then there's the players who suddenly lose 3 days of prep time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rumours about Josh Allen and Brittany Williams are starting to percolate again. Evidently, Williams unfollowed Allen on Instagram.

I know, I know. That sounds so middle school, to many of us anyway. But, it's true, and it's a clear indicator of a relationship that's over or in distress.

There's some other salacious stuff out there in the rumour mill that I won't repeat here.

My main concern - and it is admittedly a selfish one - is that the Bills QB1 gets his head right and has a bounce-back season in 2023. His play fairly fell off a cliff last season. And if that fall had something to do with his personal life (possible?), then I hope he's in a better head space in the coming weeks and months.

Go, Bills!

I work with a cop who doesn't watch football, but figured I would be interested in the knowledge that his colleague was called to Josh's house in the middle of the night, hours before the bengals playoff game. I've heard this same information put forth by at least 2 independent people, one of them on the bills forum, which has me fairly convinced it happened, even if no one here has any reason to believe me. The exact details beyond this I do not know but have heard several rumors about 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Rumours about Josh Allen and Brittany Williams are starting to percolate again. Evidently, Williams unfollowed Allen on Instagram.

I know, I know. That sounds so middle school, to many of us anyway. But, it's true, and it's a clear indicator of a relationship that's over or in distress.

There's some other salacious stuff out there in the rumour mill that I won't repeat here.

My main concern - and it is admittedly a selfish one - is that the Bills QB1 gets his head right and has a bounce-back season in 2023. His play fairly fell off a cliff last season. And if that fall had something to do with his personal life (possible?), then I hope he's in a better head space in the coming weeks and months.

Go, Bills!

Pretty sure the falloff in his play you observed was due to an elbow injury rather than pining for his true love during a game.

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure the falloff in his play you observed was due to an elbow injury rather than pining for his true love during a game.

Quite so!

Dorsey running out of answers also seems like it'd have been more of factor than any off-field issues.

Still. The stuff that's out there - if even some of it's true - is the sort of stuff you'd very much like to see resolved in order for your team's leader to be well-positioned to succeed.

It's hard for me to give ANY credence to the various BS regarding the Bills draft plans. I bet Beane has a good chuckle at all the kettle heads in the media trying to tell their readers what they "know", which is nothing. Mock drafts are the worst. No harm but I pay them no mind. 

I have zero idea how he sees the roster right now but I have an idea about the D.  Frazier is gone because they wish to scheme differently.

They basically brought back the entire D, minus one LB who was vastly overpaid by Chicago. Still, both Safties have been outstanding in their service to us but father time and injuries are catching up with both. That looks like a big need, even with the signing of the Safety from the Rams. They will get another LB but drafted 2 last year. Dodson back as depth. Guys already here are not forgotten by the team..just the fans. 

OL is never a bad idea. Lots of talk about another WR. They just signed 2. Harty with his blazing speed takes McKenzies slot and Sherfield is actually pretty good. Shakir was just drafted. Diggs and Davis still here. We need a WR this year ? Why ?  Sounds more like next year when Davis has his contract expire. We'll see. To read the biased press, we have no WR's beyond Diggs. Yeah...OK. 

Our biggest need is better playcalling from the coordinators. The HC is now calling the D. Dorsey seemed way too pass happy last year and too depndent on Alllen to do everything, including run. Need far more from the RB's. That includes catching the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Night Train said:

To read the biased press, we have no WR's beyond Diggs. Yeah...OK. 

That is substantially correct, regardless of who’s saying it. Or at least it was last season. Having a legit WR2 is (was) a huge issue for this team.

That said, I’d prefer to see them wait on that position until Round 2.

It feels like they’re gonna go defense in Round 1 — LB, safety, maybe even corner.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

That is substantially correct, regardless of who’s saying it. Or at least it was last season. Having a legit WR2 is (was) a huge issue for this team.

That said, I’d prefer to see them wait on that position until Round 2.

It feels like they’re gonna go defense in Round 1 — LB, safety, maybe even corner.

I absolutely hate that round 1 prediction at every level. Don't think any of the LBs merit pick 27. Cam Smith might be there. He'd be value, but I sure as hell don't want to go db in the first two years in a row. You can get a quality safety much later in the draft. If they go D early, I think it will be edge or DT. I can see Mazi Smith being someone they would consider unless Addison slips. I doubt it happens, but that is the one WR I think they take. I would go in a direction few will agree with and I doubt Beane sees it that way. I like Dalton Kincaid at TE in the first or trade up from 59 and get Darnell Washington in the second. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's hard to have leverage when everyone knows he's a goner. I think GB did fairly well considering. 

Yeah.  Originally saw the conditional pick as a 2nd rounder, but if he stays healthy (takes 2/3's of the snaps) it becomes a 1st next year.  Not as little a return as it looked like on 1st glance.

Still, was hoping it would cost them more.

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Welp.

The AFC is frickin’ stacked with QB play.

Can we get a transfer to the NFC maybe? Swap us out with the Lions or something.

A few players on the Lions will take action on that

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Welp.

The AFC is frickin’ stacked with QB play.

Can we get a transfer to the NFC maybe? Swap us out with the Lions or something.

I’m not sure I’m too worried about 39 year old A-Rodg.  Maybe he’s got something left but if last season was any indication, their may be not be a big jump in QB play in NY. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1