Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

So, the same can be true about a TE.  A TE can be a TE technically, but can be used as a new/different type of slot guy.  

Coaches/teams no longer draft guys to fit the 'model' of what the position traditionally was....now guys are drafted based on their skillset and schemes/plays are drawn around those skills.

And with apologies for again invoking (1) the name of a hated rival coach (the greatest of all-time) and (2) the name of a deceased, disgraced NFL player ... but the way Belichik used Hernandez was ahead of its time. That guy used to be everywhere -- split out wide on a few downs, then lined up as a FB on the next drive, lookin' like an H-Back on another, and so on.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Joe DiBiase is a little b word who thinks fantasy football is real and this take about 1st round TEs is as irrelevant as it gets. Hey Joey, how about TEs selected in other rounds over the last 17 years? News flash Joey: as a prospect, Kincaid is head and shoulders above any of the WRs you had a school girl crush on last night. 

double take what GIF by Bounce

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

And with apologies for again invoking (1) the name of a hated rival coach (the greatest of all-time) and (2) the name of a deceased, disgraced NFL player ... but the way Belichik used Hernandez was ahead of its time. That guy used to be everywhere -- split out wide on a few downs, then lined up as a FB on the next drive, lookin' like an H-Back on another, and so on.

I don't see Ditka mentioned anywhere above.

Just now, Eleven said:

I don't see Ditka mentioned anywhere above.

Bahhahahaha.

Now I am immediately thinking of one of the best metaphysical comedic bits about "how many Ditkas would it take ..." and then more talk of whether we're discussing mini-Ditkas or full-sized ones.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Or, as others have said, the league is different now.  Positions are more 'hybrid' than they used to be.  In your Scheme, a CB can play safety or a S can be a nickel CB.  Traditional DE's and OLBs aren't the same now as they were a decade ago.  So, the same can be true about a TE.  A TE can be a TE technically, but can be used as a new/different type of slot guy.  

Coaches/teams no longer draft guys to fit the 'model' of what the position traditionally was....now guys are drafted based on their skillset and schemes/plays are drawn around those skills.

Correct. A TE that just catches balls is no different than a 3-4 OLB who never drops back into coverage (ie an EDGE). The whole idea that an OLB wanted to be paid as a DE spawned the EDGE position, not a change in the game. I’m sure there’s plenty of ball catching TEs would would love to be paid as a WR if hit with the franchise tag. 

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

There’s another tweet - it’s threaded.

But he’s also got Olsen listed as someone who didn’t quite work out because he was “traded.”

Ahhh, so you have to look at 5 or 6 separate places to see the entire point.  Twitter, what a great place to make statements like this.🙄

Stop believing the media has all the answers and watch what they do with him. It's all opinion and hype. Perspective. 

They are not giving us absolutes and facts. The draft is a gamble and our GM works FA prior to the draft far more than most. 

Let's see what they do with the last 4 picks.  Go Bills. 

13 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Stop believing the media has all the answers and watch what they do with him. It's all opinion and hype. Perspective. 

They are not giving us absolutes and facts. The draft is a gamble and our GM works FA prior to the draft far more than most. 

Let's see what they do with the last 4 picks.  Go Bills. 

You guys should get nuke it would be damn near impossible to stop the bills offense  diggs, nuke, davis,  Knox, kincaid.

59 minutes ago, #freejame said:

TBD is a weird place. Went in to look at draft coverage and they instituted a rule about “not tipping picks.” I’m not sure the last NHL draft I didn’t watch “live” while also finding out first in Sabrespace who we drafted. 

I am just guessing here--and I mean guessing--but TBD has a significantly larger crowd, so if anyone other than Scott or his designee starts posting picks, it will get chaotic, and the mods will have a lot of cleanup to do.

Here, we just kind of know it's going to be a mod for the first couple of rounds (seems like Chz lately) and go along with it.

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

TBD is a weird place. Went in to look at draft coverage and they instituted a rule about “not tipping picks.” I’m not sure the last NHL draft I didn’t watch “live” while also finding out first in Sabrespace who we drafted. 

It’s not about finding out in the forum, it’s about finding out before Goodell has made the announcement. Some who are privy to league communications just can’t help themselves. 

From CBSsports

91. Bills: Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane

Grade: A

Shorter, but incredibly long and decently rangy. But quicker than fast in general. Plus ball skills and awareness in coverage. Tireless worker to beat blocks and does it frequently. Sure tackler. Fills a need and keeps Buffalo athletic at LB.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Like the first two picks, but that third one is a bit of a head-scratcher, especially as our last pick until round five.  They must see him as someone who can develop into a very strong middle linebacker.  He's somewhat short, but does have very long arms and is pretty fast:

DorianWilliams.thumb.jpg.632506d0fceb16f9ad8ec59db5064560.jpg

(Historical linebacker combine scores)