GDT: Sabres @ Mighty Ducks, Feb 15, 2023, 10pm, MSG WGR

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Nice to see them overcome some adversity to secure a much needed W. Lots of guys score, so hopefully that’s the jolt they need. Now to stomp the Sharks.

Shark Attack Fish GIF by ProBit Global

richard dreyfuss horror GIF

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Never seen the show so I have no idea.

It's so dumb, I'm addicted, 😆 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Good to see they turned it on after going down 3-2. Irritating they gave up 3 straight goals to lose the lead again.

2 points is huge tho.

Yep, no margin for error with the way all of the other playoff hopefuls are playing. Gotta get the points against teams like these. Nice game for Krebs...2 points and a +2. Nice game by Mitts, as well. Fun watch save for that frustrating three goal Anaheim spurt in the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

I think a win against the Sharks is a true must win for any chance at the playoffs this year. Our schedule after that is Leafs, Lightning, Panthers, Capitals. And that stretch will determine if we're a playoff team this year or percolating another year. It would be tough for any team in the league playing that schedule, but that's the challenge.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Clague's night is done but he played a good game tonight.  Really good.

Meh.  Somethings he does better than Bryson.  

He had at least 3 turnovers in our zone on that horrendous 2nd period shift.  He could have taken on Ryan Strome at the end of the 3rd but he refused several invitations.  I would have respected him more if he did.  Win or lose, sometimes you have to answer the bell. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Meh.  Somethings he does better than Bryson.  

He had at least 3 turnovers in our zone on that horrendous 2nd period shift.  He could have taken on Ryan Strome at the end of the 3rd but he refused several invitations.  I would have respected him more if he did.  Win or lose, sometimes you have to answer the bell. 

They all make mistakes.  I have a hard time holding Clague accountable for turning a fight down with a player 3” taller and 30 lbs heavier.  At least Clague is the size of an adult as opposed to Bryson (he’s listed at 5’9” but he’s not). 

18 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

11.765. I dunno about this one. Obv. 11 could be referencing game 2 of the trip.

It's anyone's guess.

I'm sure it'll make sense later. As it always does.

Again! That's three.

Obv. this one was a reverse "we want 8" chant.

It's gettin' scary.

I watched the first period and saw the clips this morning so I can't fairly say I had a feel for the whole game. From what I saw I thought Jost played well. It seems that putting players on the Girgs/Okposo line results in the player elevating their game. The Jost acquisition was a sneaky good pickup. The pass from Quinn to Krebs for his score was superb. He worked hard to get the puck and then had the vision to find the player who was in space to get off a quality shot. Quinn is going to be a prime player for us. 

Krebs is gaining confidence and is asserting himself. The return on the Jack trade with Tuch and Krebs here looks better and better as time passes. The Mitts chorus of critics should be silenced for the rest of the season. 

Just from watching highlights I saw the Sabres give up a number of odd rushes. This is a troubling trend. 

A win is a win. I can't say that the Sabres will make the playoffs but they definitely can stay in the race up to the end. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Odd man rushes has been their achilles heal for a while now... Forwards need to rotate back better... or maybe practice with forwards on D and show them what they need?

That loose type of play is not playoff type of hockey. And it is not a style of play that works against superior and more disciplined teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

They all make mistakes.  I have a hard time holding Clague accountable for turning a fight down with a player 3” taller and 30 lbs heavier.  At least Clague is the size of an adult as opposed to Bryson (he’s listed at 5’9” but he’s not). 

Sometimes you have to laugh at the opponent and point at the scoreboard. 

• Agree 1

Just watched the replay this morning. You folks covered it. The 5-6 minutes of panic and letting opponents screen our goalie turned a 2-0 lead into 3-2. But before one could say Here We Go Again, Krebs scores 35 seconds later and the play shifts right back to our team. 

A couple of D-Men who can move traffic out in front of our Goalie should be a top priority, going forward. Whether now or during the upcoming off-season.  So obvious. 

Edited by Night Train
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Just watched the replay this morning. You folks covered it. The 5-6 minutes of panic and letting opponents screen our goalie turned a 2-0 lead into 3-2. But before one could say Here We Go Again, Krebs scores 35 seconds later and the play shifts right back to our team. 

A couple of D-Men who can move traffic out in front of our Goalie should be a top priority, going forward. Whether now or during the upcoming off-season.  So obvious. 

We need another Mike Ramsey type defender 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Got out of the Alan Doyle show (he of Great Big Sea) and checked the score: 0-2. Nice!

Checked while brushing my teeth before bed: 3-2. Sh1t!

Checked upon waking this morning. Phew!

I'd love for the team to sneak into the playoffs. I would love it. That said, I'm keeping my hopes pinned to their finishing at or above @deluca67 .500. Maybe that's the same thing? Maybe not. And they will have their work cut out for them to finish at that level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.