GDT- Sabres @ Wild, January 28th,2023 @9:00 PM (Est) ESPN+/HULU

Wyldnwoody44

Thanks for getting the ball rolling for us wyld.  You are a *real wild child* and we love you for that.

This should be a good one.  The Wild are good, but not like they were when they first signed Parise and Suter all those years ago.  Time flys by.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm driving from Quebec City to Montreal today, in search of some smoked meat fulfillment, but I should be nestled in by 9pm to stream this bad boy on my phone. 

How long of a trip is that?

So you live in Maple Syrup Mafia country??

Edited by matter2003

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

This is very interesting 

It is. Treat these men like human beings, not slabs of beef. Not sure what that means lol.

Always wondered about practicing in the morning when most games are at night.

40 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm driving from Quebec City to Montreal today, in search of some smoked meat fulfillment, but I should be nestled in by 9pm to stream this bad boy on my phone. 

No Way What GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk why but this game makes me nervous

We're going to lose some.

43 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Mmmmmm, smoked meat.

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

How about some of those big-holed Montreal bagels to go with them?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

This is very interesting 

I was thinking the exact same thing. It definitely helps that these guys have young legs, but man, maybe there is a formula in there somewhere. I would think it would definitely hurt areas of the game like PowerPlay and penalty kill, but overall, they seem to be handling it Quite well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk why but this game makes me nervous

You have every right to feel queasy about this game. The Sabres have played 4 games in 6 days on this road trip. If you include travel days, this has been an exhausting trip. In this month, the Sabres have played 15 games in 28 days. This is a compressed schedule---a crazy playoff type schedule in the regular season. To the Sabres's credit the they have consistently played with energy with only a few heavy legged games.  

attached is a link of this month's schedule. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/schedule/2023-01-01/ET

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. It definitely helps that these guys have young legs, but man, maybe there is a formula in there somewhere. I would think it would definitely hurt areas of the game like PowerPlay and penalty kill, but overall, they seem to be handling it Quite well.

Donnie Meatballs seems to be what Ralph Krueger was selling to everyone he was 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

DG is dialed in on what they need.  They still skate, just don’t stay long to practice.  They still meet to go over the games, but they are resting and relaxed.  By game time they are flying.  

They won’t be taking the Wild by surprise tonight.  The Wild will try to slow us down.  Winnipeg tried to slow us down and they slowed themselves down in the process. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

How long of a trip is that?

So you live in Maple Syrup Mafia country??

It was around 9 hours up to QC, I've been here for the week and I'm hitting Montreal and Ottawa on the way home. Montreal for Smoked meat and Ottawa for this cool Nordic Spa and some of the best Lebanese food I've ever eaten at this restaurant called Spice Kitchen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was around 9 hours up to QC, I've been here for the week and I'm hitting Montreal and Ottawa on the way home. Montreal for Smoked meat and Ottawa for this cool Nordic Spa and some of the best Lebanese food I've ever eaten at this restaurant called Spice Kitchen. 

Do you stay at hotels, or air bnbs, or couchsurf?  I'm starting the digital nomad thing and it's kind of fun so far.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

DG is dialed in on what they need.  They still skate, just don’t stay long to practice.  The still meet to go over the games, but they are resting and relaxed.  By game time they are flying. 

I heard him talk about this on WGR — his regular appearance being the only time the station discusses the Sabres apparently — and he referenced how sometimes the approach hurts timing and precision. He referred to the start of the Dallas game when the Sabres looked like the Keystone Cops. But he said, on balance, he knows it’s better for the team to be fresh. As others have noted: This is interesting stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.