Sabres Trade Deadline 2023 Discussion

GASabresIUFAN

Playoff contention - What position(s) should KA upgrade for the playoff push?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff contention - What position(s) should KA upgrade without hurting the team long-term

• Goaltender - We need another goalie, I'm not comfortable with UPL, Comrie and Andy for the playoffs
    • 2nd pair Defense - Jokiharju needs to be upgraded
    • 3rd pair Defense - Bryson needs to be upgraded
    • Defense depth - I want someone better than Clague in the 7th D slot
    • Forward depth - We need a better 13th forward than Vinnie or Asplund
    • Scoring Depth - Upgrade one of Mitts or VO now. Don't wait until the off-season
    • 4th line - As much as I like KO and Z, we need more grit and more production from the 4th line
  2. 2. How many deals will KA complete by the trade deadline

• 0 - KA won't spend any assets to help this team
    • 1 or 2 - KA will utilize our cap space to help other deals get done, but won't acquire any help at the deadline
    • 1 or 2 - KA will acquire some D help at the deadline.
    • 3 or 4 - KA will acquire D help and will also pick up assets using our cap space to help others get deals done
    • 5 or more - KA is going to bolster the Sabres and the Amerks.

This poll is closed to new votes

Recap:  3 moves so far

Out:

Bjork (AHL), Portillo, and Bloom (Prospects)

In:

Stillman (NHL), a 3rd rd pick in 2023, Center Carson Gicewicz, and a slot on our 50 contract limit

Net cap cost so far 1.35 - .450 = 900k additional cap

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Does anyone know if Vinnie is here on an emergency recall?  If not, will he be claimed if we waive him again?

IF they waive him again after being here for 30+ days or 10 games since being recalled.

30 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Not on emergency loan, per capfriendly. He's subject to waivers.

Not for a while.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Well, if GM Sheevyn is going to announce something to give this team a morale boost and energy for the end of the season, now's the time.

He's running out of it. I don't see anything to make the team better this year happening. Too late imo.

• Agree 1

Adams operates like he’s running a permanent development camp or a college program.

He may or may not know how to evaluate talent - but he sure seems not to understand how to read the room of a fanbase.  

If he does nothing today and they miss the playoffs by a nose, he’s going to further alienate the fans.  And some of us are beyond tired of it.

Man was Darcy prescient with the “suffering” comment.

Edited by Cascade Youth

I don't know how to feel today. 

I don't expect anything to be done, but this team is not treading water. It may have been different if Tuch and Dahlin didn't get injured, but this is where you just have to stray off course a little. You're in or around 8th place, finally. This fabbase is rabid and hungry for a playoff entrance, you can see and feel the excitement.... Then they lay a turd and just don't look the same.

We can improve without mortgaging the future, this is what separates great GMs from the guys that don't last. So far it appears GMKA isn't up to the task. If they miss this year and he plays his cards wrong and we miss again next year (god, I hope not) he's cooked. 

Good luck KA, the city is watching you Hunger Games Odds GIFtoday. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t foresee KA bringing in another player today.  The impact on our playoff chances would be so marginal at this point, that the value added wouldn’t trip KAs trigger. 

I think there is a small chance he makes a move for a player for one or two years down the road, but my guess is that most likely happens in the offseason.

This is it, kids.  Your golf playing Buffalo Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

After that late third period thumping last night my pendulum is swinging in to the sell, sell, sell mode.

If this is Okposo's last season as a Sabres, ship him off to a contender, same with a couple others.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

I swear to God if this team is a seller today, I’ll…… well I don’t know what I’ll do but someone won’t be happy.

Probably me.

If they send Kyle and Z to a contender? Not saying I’d like it but if Kulich and Savoie are ready next season…

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

I know the playoffs are important and all, but do you really want to watch 4 of last night's game?  Waiting for the playoffs for 85 years and then not even wanting to watch the games, it's a weird place to be.

Short answer, ***** yes.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I know the playoffs are important and all, but do you really want to watch 4 of last night's game?  Waiting for the playoffs for 85 years and then not even wanting to watch the games, it's a weird place to be.

I'd watch the 1st 2 periods of last night's game, just not the last 7 minutes.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.