GDT: Sabres at Penguins, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022, 7 p.m., MSG

PASabreFan

6 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Paterka leveled.  No response.

Didn’t call for one. It was a hockey play and he got a penalty. It would have been stupid to retaliate and negate the man advantage. Take his number and return the favor later. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

This is the team sans goaltending that many here hoped for prior to the season. Who would have predicted that the Sabres would be leading the NHL in scoring at this point? 

Yeah, that’s the flash of brilliance I was referring to, which is just the hockey gods teasing us. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, that’s the flash of brilliance I was referring to, which is just the hockey gods teasing us. 

Hate the losses but take pleasure in seeing the development move forward. In years past the Sabres often had decent goaltending but couldn't score much. Obviously we need real help on our defensive depth (but we do have some super pieces) and goaltending. I'm sure other team's GM's are seeing the potential of this team but also seeing its weaknesses. They are assuming that GMKA, what with such a good offense, is desperate to fix the goals against. Those GM's are and will be playing hardball and attempting to extract every bit of blood from Adams that they can. Adam's job is first to do nothing that doesn't fit into their plan but to work like hell to find a way to improve without sacrificing their future.  

1 hour ago, grinreaper said:

I made reference to this in last night's game thread but when the officials don't exact fair and equitable punishment for actions considered dirty then they just insure that somewhere down the line there will be a significant payback. I remember well when Briere, after a dump in peeled away to go to the bench. He wasn't looking or expecting anything and Ovechkin, in an illegal and filthy act crushed him from behind. There was no penalty called. Briere was sidelined for awhile and when the Sabres next played the Caps expectations regarding what Briere would do to Ovechkin added some suspense to the game. Eventually the moment was perfect for Briere to ram the butt end of his stick right where Ovechkin's balls were supposed to be. It was rumored that the officials refused to send Briere to the box due to the time honored NHL tradition of "no harm, no foul".    

Ovechkin forever ruined Tyler Ennis with a questionable hit imo

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.