GDT: Sabres at Penguins, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022, 7 p.m., MSG

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

All the Skinner defenders need to stop being homers. There is no place in hockey for stick to the head. Emotion? Sure. Whack, hack, fight, whatever, get it out of your system, but there's no excuse for anyone for a cross check to a guy's head. Defence of the goalie? Absolutely. So drop 'em and unleash. There's a big difference. 

As for an appeal letting him play tonight, I wouldn't. 3 games is more than fair and you really don't want him on the ice after that in a back to back. Pens would head hunt him for sure and things would likely get ugly and we are not the team to face that. 

I expect the Pens to play shutdown hockey and then ramp it up in the third. I don't think an older team like that can go full out for 3 periods in a back to back after a previous fast game. We need to come at them hard and fast for a full 60 to have a chance. Do not let them dictate the speed and flow. 

I feel however, the line matching for the home team will benefit them and we will likely get out coached so the veteran team will prevail. But you never know. Goaltending is the wild card.

I'd put VO in Skinner's spot, leave the kid line alone, move Kyle up into VO's 3rd line spot. Asplund in on the 4th line I guess. idk, I hate the bottom 6 of this roster regardless. 

Your scumbag buddy Marchand used to live off that type of *****. 

Geuntzel lost momentum right before and Skinner caves him in with a crisscheck to his *****in face. 

At that point Skinner went down and all three of those ***** mashed his face in the ice. He got up bloody too. 

They exacted their revenge and I guess that's ok? 

Push off! 

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Geuntzel lost momentum right before and Skinner caves him in with a crisscheck to his *****in face. 

At that point Skinner went down and all three of those ***** mashed his face in the ice. He got up bloody too. 

Push off! 

I made reference to this in last night's game thread but when the officials don't exact fair and equitable punishment for actions considered dirty then they just insure that somewhere down the line there will be a significant payback. I remember well when Briere, after a dump in peeled away to go to the bench. He wasn't looking or expecting anything and Ovechkin, in an illegal and filthy act crushed him from behind. There was no penalty called. Briere was sidelined for awhile and when the Sabres next played the Caps expectations regarding what Briere would do to Ovechkin added some suspense to the game. Eventually the moment was perfect for Briere to ram the butt end of his stick right where Ovechkin's balls were supposed to be. It was rumored that the officials refused to send Briere to the box due to the time honored NHL tradition of "no harm, no foul".    

• Agree 1

Just now, Marvin said:

Me?  I would have run Jarry so hard that he would have been knocked out.  Of the game, that is.

Sadly, that opportunity was not going to present itself since there was time for the Sabres to think better of it but no time left in a tie game (22 seconds?) to do it and/or to risk losing a point. As stated above, the officials need to control the game in a way that discourages retaliation. Opposite of that, goons will return and every team will ice a player or two that can fight but not skate.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Push off! 

Total BS. Skinner goes upwards when he makes contact with the head. No excuse. It's a ***** move by a player afraid to drop his gloves. Be a man and exact revenge properly or stat out of it and let somebody else do it who actually is a man. 

There, I said it, cause you pushed me to it. Skinner is a ***** and deserves his suspension. 

(Marchand is irrelevant to this. Cheap name drop to curry favour with Sabres fans)

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.