GDT: Sabres at Penguins, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022, 7 p.m., MSG

PASabreFan

Just now, Dreams Burn Down said:

After last night, I'd like them to try VO, for tonight.  He has sniping ability and can be a playmaker, too.

I can see that but does he deserve it is the question. If you want to reward someone for playing week and putting up points The it has to be paterka or quinn. I don’t want Granado to break up the kid line 

3 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I can see that but does he deserve it is the question. If you want to reward someone for playing week and putting up points The it has to be paterka or quinn. I don’t want Granado to break up the kid line 

I agree with your last sentence.  I don't want the second line disturbed, right now.  They've quieted down the last couple of games, but they've earned a shot at staying together for, at least, the short-term future.

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It should be Okposo.  MHO.

Yep. We’ve tried the VO experiment with Tage and Tuch previously. It sucked.

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

Too slow for that line, and he couldn’t handle the minutes.

He was great on that line earlier this season.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

All his teammates appreciated his defense of their goalie. To hell with the consequences.  

I’d also face wash him every whistle right across the same area.  Maybe shoot a couple pucks at his face.  None of this will happen but a man can dream.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I’d also face wash him every whistle right across the same area.  Maybe shoot a couple pucks at his face.  None of this will happen but a man can dream.  

Did I mention punching him in the stitches? I’d mix that in a few times as well.  ***** this guy and ***** this team. 

37 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

There is no way I am breaking up The QPC Home Shopping Network Line. I want them to do what gives the best chance of winning.

28 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Too slow for that line, and he couldn’t handle the minutes.

No he's not & yes he could.  They could easily have one of the kids take a shift or 2 there IF Okposo is showing signs of needing a spell.  And if Asplund is the player called in, he can take his spot on PK.

He WON'T take Skinner's shift on PP1.  That knocks out 3 to 6 shifts from his load right there.

• Like (+1) 1

All the Skinner defenders need to stop being homers. There is no place in hockey for stick to the head. Emotion? Sure. Whack, hack, fight, whatever, get it out of your system, but there's no excuse for anyone for a cross check to a guy's head. Defence of the goalie? Absolutely. So drop 'em and unleash. There's a big difference. 

As for an appeal letting him play tonight, I wouldn't. 3 games is more than fair and you really don't want him on the ice after that in a back to back. Pens would head hunt him for sure and things would likely get ugly and we are not the team to face that. 

I expect the Pens to play shutdown hockey and then ramp it up in the third. I don't think an older team like that can go full out for 3 periods in a back to back after a previous fast game. We need to come at them hard and fast for a full 60 to have a chance. Do not let them dictate the speed and flow. 

I feel however, the line matching for the home team will benefit them and we will likely get out coached so the veteran team will prevail. But you never know. Goaltending is the wild card.

I'd put VO in Skinner's spot, leave the kid line alone, move Kyle up into VO's 3rd line spot. Asplund in on the 4th line I guess. idk, I hate the bottom 6 of this roster regardless. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

All the Skinner defenders need to stop being homers. There is no place in hockey for stick to the head. Emotion? Sure. Whack, hack, fight, whatever, get it out of your system, but there's no excuse for anyone for a cross check to a guy's head. Defence of the goalie? Absolutely. So drop 'em and unleash. There's a big difference. 

As for an appeal letting him play tonight, I wouldn't. 3 games is more than fair and you really don't want him on the ice after that in a back to back. Pens would head hunt him for sure and things would likely get ugly and we are not the team to face that. 

I expect the Pens to play shutdown hockey and then ramp it up in the third. I don't think an older team like that can go full out for 3 periods in a back to back after a previous fast game. We need to come at them hard and fast for a full 60 to have a chance. Do not let them dictate the speed and flow. 

I feel however, the line matching for the home team will benefit them and we will likely get out coached so the veteran team will prevail. But you never know. Goaltending is the wild card.

I'd put VO in Skinner's spot, leave the kid line alone, move Kyle up into VO's 3rd line spot. Asplund in on the 4th line I guess. idk, I hate the bottom 6 of this roster regardless. 

I cannot say anyone here is defending Skinner.   As for the 3 games, if you're coach and you want your team to play smarter you do not appeal.  I think 3 games is one too many but hey, its Buffalo. 

As for the Pens tonight, for the reason you state I think the Pens will do just the opposite.  They will come out like a normal game to test UPL early, they do not want to fall behind.   If they can get a lead, they will try to slow us down in the neutral zone and play a defense first game - all the while waiting for breaks and odd man rushes. 

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

VO with Hiny backfilling him, either on the third or fourth line (and promoting someone up to 3rd line)

Do you recall the previous VO on the first line experience from earlier this year? It didn’t go well. But hey, maybe he will make a liar out of me and score a hattie if he’s promoted tonight. 

31 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Agree entirely. If hockey justice is required for taking liberties with your goalie then drop the gloves and lay a few punches to his head instead of a stick. It was a total loss of composure on Skinner’s part. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Agree entirely. If hockey justice is required for taking liberties with your goalie then drop the gloves and lay a few punches to his head instead of a stick. It was a total loss of composure on Skinner’s part. 

I’m just happy we weren’t on the receiving end like usual 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Oh crud the season is over! Skinner is the key to victory! Buffalo getting screwed over and over by Bettman. He wants Buffalo in Phoenix, so he has 2 teams in that HOT Market! The Sabres are being sold via Amazon Prime next week. YOU JUST WATCH! 

Note: Please join me on your favorite podcast provider: #SabresSpaceIsGonnaBeGoneSoonWhenPagulaSellsSeaShellsByTheSeaShoreWhilePoochScrewedFkingMittsFaultInCahootsWithEichel&GoingToVegasSoon

sexo face sitting GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.