GDT: Sabres at Penguins, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022, 7 p.m., MSG

PASabreFan

4 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Wonder if that move qualifies for a suspension.

I don't think it does, but as I posted last night, it was selfish and it cost the Sabres a chance to come out of that game with two points.  

EDIT:  Looks like he has a phone hearing.  I've certainly seen worse action go without suspension, but if he gets a game or two, I'm fine with it (except it does reinforce the league's complete inconsistency).

Edited by Eleven
  • Agree 4

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't think it does, but as I posted last night, it was selfish and it cost the Sabres a chance to come out of that game with two points.  

EDIT:  Looks like he has a phone hearing.  I've certainly seen worse action go without suspension, but if he gets a game or two, I'm fine with it (except it does reinforce the league's complete inconsistency).

Cross-checks to the head.. and especially the face tend to earn a suspension of 2 games.. certainly I don't pay attention league wide, but I feel that's been fairly consistent the past few years.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, LTS said:

Cross-checks to the head.. and especially the face tend to earn a suspension of 2 games.. certainly I don't pay attention league wide, but I feel that's been fairly consistent the past few years.

There's no way that Whiner Crosby would get two games for it.  In any event, if Skinner gets some time to cool his heels, fine.  I'm really angry about that move last night.

I would be willing to bet Skinner feels bad about it as well and has made amends with his teammates and coaches. It was the heat of the moment thing and just about every player in his career does something like that that cost the team a win.  I'm in noway excusing his actions.  I would feel more aggravated if this was a chronic thing. He does a pretty good job of being our pest to other teams. I believe this is his first incident as a sabre. I think someone has said it's been 10 years since his last suspension. I hope the team can put this behind them and focus on winning this game tonight. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

I would be willing to bet Skinner feels bad about it as well and has made amends with his teammates and coaches. It was the heat of the moment thing and just about every player in his career does something like that that cost the team a win.  I'm in noway excusing his actions.  I would feel more aggravated if this was a chronic thing. He does a pretty good job of being our pest to other teams. I believe this is his first incident as a sabre. I think someone has said it's been 10 years since his last suspension. I hope the team can put this behind them and focus on winning this game tonight. 

I hope you're right.

14 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Thanks, @PASabreFan for getting us started.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

Revenge sex is the best sex, or something like that.

Oh, a little tip for yous ... too many commas and not enough (not any) dashes.

I'll fight you on that. And Eleven will join me with his little penknife out.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I hope you're right.

You are absolutely right about the double standard.  Crosby would never get a suspension for that and he's a dirty player. I remember last year or the year before he came up behind a Sabre player and put his stick between his legs and just slammed it up against him. It might have been Jack he did that to. I can't remember. I have despised Crosby since that day.

29 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Thanks, @PASabreFan for getting us started.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

Revenge sex is the best sex, or something like that.

Oh, a little tip for yous ... too many commas and not enough (not any) dashes.

Haven’t had revenge sex since my single days, I almost forget what it’s like.

Anyway, go Sabres and show these guys up in front of their fans. This is an opponent you need to beat to get to the next level.

44 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There's no way that Whiner Crosby would get two games for it.  In any event, if Skinner gets some time to cool his heels, fine.  I'm really angry about that move last night.

Crosby would get two games for that.

Matthews did.

• Like (+1) 2

I have no idea how tonight's game will turn out.  If this team is going to make a move up in the standings tonight would be the night to get it started. 

I can see VO moving up to play the PP.  Not sure how DG handles the lines though.  Maybe he moves Olofsson to 1 and dresses Asplund to play with Jost and Mitts? 

Dahlin and Muel logged 26 minutes last night, Joker and Power had 24.     Will we see an impact their play tonight?   UPL in the net.

It is very likely that we are going to need to score more than 4 to win.  

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I have no idea how tonight's game will turn out.  If this team is going to make a move up in the standings tonight would be the night to get it started. 

I can see VO moving up to play the PP.  Not sure how DG handles the lines though.  Maybe he moves Olofsson to 1 and dresses Asplund to play with Jost and Mitts? 

Dahlin and Muel logged 26 minutes last night, Joker and Power had 24.     Will we see an impact their play tonight?   UPL in the net.

If Okposo or Tuch can flip to the other side, that's who should get bumped up IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

If Skinner is out I would put VO on PP1 as an alternative to TNT one timer. Quinn would work as well but that side sets up better for a lefty.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Next time, just keep the shots below shoulders. For Skinner that being his eye level . Friday Night Smackdown Lol GIF by WWE

Actually, Skinner and Guentzel are listed at the same height, 5'11"    Skinner has 17 pounds on him if you can believe the listed information.  Skins is listed at 197 lb.  Seems like he is smaller to me.  

With Skinners superior edge work he can probably handle himself ok.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.