GDT:Sabres at Vancouver 10/22/22 10pm MSG, CBC, WGR 550

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

I tried it.  I can't hear anything they're saying.

I like it - I can enjoy game sounds & watch game w/o Danno not describing play. HE DOES KNOW people are listening on radio, right? He needs feedback & coaching on PxP 101, unfortunately. Call the damn game, you are NOT color analyst. 🤦‍♂️ FFS! 

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

IMHO - Victor needs to sit some games.  I'd rather see Krebs out there.

Olofsson sitting out, maybe. But no way I want to see Krebs in his place unless he plays a lot better. Krebs has been the worst forward this season so far. Sloppy backchecking and inability to control the puck on the boards cost the Sabres 2 goals already, and not picking up his guy on backchecking gave up a couple other prime chances.

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Tre will be back against the Packers next Sunday.

Also, pretty sure they COULD have let him play a month or so ago (realizing they'd've had to designate him differently) but held him out because the kids & other backups were getting the job done and he wasn't desperately needed.

By giving him more time to heal, there's less chance of him blowing it out again.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Olofsson sitting out, maybe. But no way I want to see Krebs in his place unless he plays a lot better. Krebs has been the worst forward this season so far. Sloppy backchecking and inability to control the puck on the boards cost the Sabres 2 goals already, and not picking up his guy on backchecking gave up a couple other prime chances.

IDK, VIctor has been more of a passenger.  His two goals were EN's.  I'd rather see Kreb's energy out there.  That said, I wanted to see him shoot more.

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Also, pretty sure they COULD have let him play a month or so ago (realizing they'd've had to designate him differently) but held him out because the kids & other backups were getting the job done and he wasn't desperately needed.

By giving him more time to heal, there's less chance of him blowing it out again.

IF he plays v GB, would be great to announce D and him last @ The Ralph!

I think he will be on a on a pitch count…..ease him back in.

• Like (+1) 1

I recall DG saying that players need to learn to pace themselves during a game to conserve competitive energy. I’m hoping that was one of those periods. But we stopped moving our feet and our decision making sucked in that period so I’m hoping it isn’t a matter of fatigue setting in. This is the third game in a row where they’ve had to play with 5 D for the majority of the game. I wonder if that takes a physical toll after a while.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I recall DG saying that players need to learn to pace themselves during a game to conserve competitive energy. I’m hoping that was one of those periods. But we stopped moving our feet and our decision making sucked in that period so I’m hoping it isn’t a matter of fatigue setting in. This is the third game in a row where they’ve had to play with 5 D for the majority of the game. I wonder if that takes a physical toll after a while.

Thank goodness Boushh is back for tonight.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.