GDT:Sabres at Vancouver 10/22/22 10pm MSG, CBC, WGR 550

Brawndo

Vancouver will be desperate for a win. Their fans will be on them early if Buffalo can come out skating. This Sabres team can beat the fragile Canucks if they don’t stop attacking.

Dahlin will continue his great play, showing Hughes how to be a Dman.

5-3 Sabres, Cozens the first star.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Vancouver will be desperate for a win. Their fans will be on them early if Buffalo can come out skating. This Sabres team can beat the fragile Canucks if they don’t stop attacking.

Dahlin will continue his great play, showing Hughes how to be a Dman.

5-3 Sabres, Cozens the first star.

I want Dahlin to be just 100% superior to Hughes in this game. 

Partially because Pronmans redraft rubbed me the wrong way. 

Edited by LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I want Dahlin to be just 100% superior to Hughes in this game. 

Partially because Pronmans redraft rubbed me the wrong way. 

Def. But Pronman has an overinflated sense of his own importance. He writes contentious stuff for clicks.

Edit: Also happy for the Sabres to be a sneaky good team. Off peoples' radar until they get run over!! 

disappear d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Edited by steveoath
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Vancouver has had a lead (it looks like in the 2nd period) in every game this year. They’ve also had multiple 1st period goals three times. I don’t think the Sabres will catch them flat-footed, but the Sabres can definitely catch them and outrun them by the end.  

There is the much quoted stat that the team that scores first wins 70% of the time but I wonder how that is holding up this year as it seems (eye test) not to be the end of the world falling behind. 

• The Canucks did not practise Friday but players were brought to a rink in Burnaby for meetings after their early-hours arrival home from Thursday’s 4-3 overtime loss in Minnesota. . . Boudreau offered no medical updates on injured defencemen Travis Dermott, Riley Stillman and Tucker Poolman, but said prospect Jack Rathbone will make his season debut on the blue line against Buffalo.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/millers-not-worried-about-canucks-start-but-maybe-he-should-be/

When he struggled in Tampa or, before that, with the New York Rangers, Miller did so as a middle- or bottom-six forward largely hidden in the shade of teammates spotlighted higher up the lineup. With the Canucks, Miller is at centre stage, constantly in the hot glare of reporters and fans.

“It's more of a spotlight for you guys, being more of a focal point,” Miller said Friday. “But for me, nothing changes. You know, my struggles versus what people think are struggles also are different. So I don't look at it as much more of a focal point. If I'm not playing up to my standard, I know that.

“I feel like in the last couple of games, I've actually started to get more comfortable. I feel pretty good. I told you guys at the beginning of camp, my main focus is to be hard to play against five on five. I feel like I've been pretty good at my own end, winning puck battles and being smart and responsible. And at some point, I think the puck will sort of end up on my tape a little more. But right now, it's kind of hard to come by. 

"For myself, you know. . . the timing will get better, the game will open up. But I think that it's important for me to not be impatient and change the way I'm playing. I think that at some point, I've got to believe that it's coming.”

Miller had 99 points last season, ninth in NHL scoring. It may turn out to be a career year, but it was not an aberration. The power forward from Ohio has been a consistent point-per-game force in Vancouver, 12th in league scoring over his three seasons with the Canucks.

Sounds familiar...

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/friction-between-canucks-star-players-rest-of-team

That’s becoming increasingly clear watching them on the ice this season. They’ve lost all of their first four games to start the season for the first time in franchise history. They’ve blown multi-goal leads in all four of them — the first time in NHL history that has happened.

But on-ice troubles aren’t the only thing troubling this team according to a report out of Chicago.

In an appearance with Frank Seravalli on Daily Faceoff Live, former NHL player and current Blackhawks television analyst Colby Cohen said there’s trouble in the dressing room also.

“I’ve heard there’s a lot of friction in that dressing room between some of the star players and then the rest of the team,” Cohen said. “It’s real cliquey in that dressing room. The way that they’re promoting players, particularly on their social media channels, and just everything that I hear coming out of that dressing room… It seems really dysfunctional at the moment.”

• Thanks (+1) 1

Vancouver’s power play finished the road trip 2-for-19, while also allowing a pair of shorthanded goals that tied games. Vancouver’s penalty killing is even worse, 58.8 per cent after yielding seven goals on 17 disadvantages.

No NHL team is remotely as bad as the Canucks are on special teams through five games. And not much else will matter as long as this continues to be the case.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/5470093/

22 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Vancouver’s power play finished the road trip 2-for-19, while also allowing a pair of shorthanded goals that tied games. Vancouver’s penalty killing is even worse, 58.8 per cent after yielding seven goals on 17 disadvantages.

No NHL team is remotely as bad as the Canucks are on special teams through five games. And not much else will matter as long as this continues to be the case.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/5470093/

That's a poor PK. Hope it continues.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Yeah, I’m tired of the media promoting Hughes, Heiskanen and others as the next great Dmen without Dahlin in the conversation.

They all know that Dahlin is far above any of those other guys.  Therefore, there is no need to talk of Dahlin when talking about the rest.

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Don’t have a good feeling about tonight…

VAN 6
BUF 2

I know what you are up to Blue.  Keep up the good work.

+++++

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

@dudacek @PerreaultForever and the other BC SabreSpacers — you know what you have to do.

Tonight is YOUR night.

Now go out there and take it!

@bunomaticis on the tropical island of Vancouver with @dudacek ... maybe they will take the ferry acrost the water to the mighty metropolis.

Not sure where @PerreaultForever is, but BC is big.

@dudacek ... In the house !!

Make us proud ...

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.