GDT:Sabres at Vancouver 10/22/22 10pm MSG, CBC, WGR 550

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

This is why defensive depth is critical 

GMKA may have to consider fortifying D man depth via trade.  Mule and Boosh play hard, which makes them injury prone (Hope Mule is not a season ending injury).  Who knows how long Joki is out.  Might have to trade off some prospect assets or an existing forward to ensure we have 6 NHL caliber Dmen.

Edited by Carmel Corn

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

We can pretend it makes a difference if you like.

You don't see the entire ice surface, just what's on screen. No spotter assistance. And everything's on the delay of the feed. That's no way to run a broadcast. (Again, I don't think he's good at home, either, but you are at an incredible disadvantage when you're not there.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe,maybe not. Even so it's 10 months after he had surgery. Where people get the idea someone is coming back in under 5 months is what I am questioning 

I’m don’t know who offered up a five month recovery, I only only know you offered up a worst case, doom and gloom diagnosis when nobody knows squat about Mule’s injury. Do you play a doctor on TV or stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently?

The best to hope for, imo, is a Sprained knee and not a full tear. In that case it could still be several weeks / a few months. It’s impossible to surmise based on his limping off. I’ve seen plenty of players limp off with a torn ACL. 

Hoping for the best. But the actual replay and his reaction are not good signs. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That looked like a soccer trip. Was he even touched?

I mean ya he made contact but he did specifically dive, it was pretty clear. the contact wasn't enough to cause a trip so I think it should have been 2 mins the other way, not even an even up, which it would be as that's what they always do 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

You don't see the entire ice surface, just what's on screen. No spotter assistance. And everything's on the delay of the feed. That's no way to run a broadcast. (Again, I don't think he's good at home, either, but you are at an incredible disadvantage when you're not there.)

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference. It doesn't make a difference to Dunleavy.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.