GDT:Sabres at Vancouver 10/22/22 10pm MSG, CBC, WGR 550

Brawndo

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

He's that type of player. When he doesn't score, he is pretty much invisible and doesn't impact the game in any other way. BUT he has the ability to score at anytime with one simple pass to him.  

He's been among our leaders in assists as well recently 

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I recall DG saying that players need to learn to pace themselves during a game to conserve competitive energy. I’m hoping that was one of those periods. But we stopped moving our feet and our decision making sucked in that period so I’m hoping it isn’t a matter of fatigue setting in. This is the third game in a row where they’ve had to play with 5 D for the majority of the game. I wonder if that takes a physical toll after a while.

Really believe it was the shock of seeing Samuelsson go down.  That injury looked nasty & they all saw how much pain he was in.

Granato needs to settle them down & get them back to the game that got them that 2-0 lead in the 1st.

Just now, Thorny said:

VO. 

3rd in assists for forwards last year

1st in assists for forwards the year before 

He's also become fairly solid defensively. Good positioning overall and steady. He just isn't a puck carrier so he sometimes disappears --- until you find him for that beautiful beautiful laser.

But --- go back to that comeback vs. Chicago last season --- VO to Tuch for the game-tying goal late was a beautiful pass. He can do the playmaking too.

I love keepaway PK.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

He's also become fairly solid defensively. Good positioning overall and steady. He just isn't a puck carrier so he sometimes disappears --- until you find him for that beautiful beautiful laser.

But --- go back to that comeback vs. Chicago last season --- VO to Tuch for the game-tying goal late was a beautiful pass. He can do the playmaking too.

I love keepaway PK.

He started that one year like 7g - 0a with like seven identical PP snipes from the half-wall and he's never lived that down as a permanent stat line

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.