GDT:Sabres at Vancouver 10/22/22 10pm MSG, CBC, WGR 550

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

If Granato is his most consequential decision, it pains me to say we'll need to credit Botterill a little bit as well, as he hired Granato in the first place. 

While Botterill's finger prints are still all over the roster, and staff, a lot of what Adams has done actually is take the pieces Botterill brought in and re-mould them into something greater than the sum of its parts. The hard part, I suppose 

During the drought our best current players have almost always come from the prior regime. Hard to see the fruit of your labor if you’re out of a job before they reach their peak. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

If Granato is his most consequential decision, it pains me to say we'll need to credit Botterill a little bit as well, as he hired Granato in the first place. 

While Botterill's finger prints are still all over the roster, and staff, a lot of what Adams has done actually is take the pieces Botterill brought in and re-mould them into something greater than the sum of its parts. The hard part, I suppose 

That's fine.  It proves GMJB could evaluate talent.  He just could not hire a coach.

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

I have no hesitation in crediting Botterill for some of his transactions. If he was responsible for hiring Granato, then he certainly deserves credit for it. As you well know it was KA who elevated Granato as the interim HC when Krueger was fired, and then gave him a contract to be the HC. And as you noted KA reworked the roster Botts brought in and refashioned much of it. No new GM can do a complete reconstruction of his predecessor's roster because of contracts on the books and cap issues. And as I stated in prior posts KA deserves credit for dispatching the old core and getting a reasonable return for them, and then replacing them with players already on the roster. He was judicious and prudent in making the roster transition. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.