The Coneheads line

Scottysabres

That line of Cozens, Krebs, Perteka is going to be something special I suspect. I watched the game over again yesterday, I was looking to see if my eyes and mind had played tricks on me after watching the game live.

That first period, they were completely engaged in all facets of the game. Krebs needs some additional weight if he's going to continue to use his body in the corners and along the walls the way he tries to, but other than that, there is 0 doubt in my mind they have some real chemistry between the 3 of them.

Hence, from this point on, I am calling them "The Coneheads Line".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Well a skit that started in 1977 is very fitting for kids who were born around 2001 😬

And with the way DG changes lines often, any line nicknames will be quickly invalid.

Are you sure thats a thing?

Really trying to figure out where Coneheads came from.

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

"Coneheads line" was a Miracle on Ice thing.  It was Brooks's name for Pavelich's line, and I think it was because Brooks couldn't come up with a better name.

Actually, according to Wayne Coffey in his excellent book "the Boys of Winter" the Coneheads named themselves that because they never were involved in the PP drills so Pavelich would say they were as useful as the orange cones when those drills were going on and it eventually evolved into Coneheads & then it stuck.

These things have to happen organically.  Trying to force the Cozens line into being the new Coneheads will likely be as successful as the SI reporter was in coining a nickname "the blank Czech" for the Dominator in his feature profile in that mag from the late '90's.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

These things have to happen organically.  Trying to force the Cozens line into being the new Coneheads will likely be as successful as the SI reporter was in coining a nickname "the blank Czech" for the Dominator in his feature profile in that mag from the late '90's.

I completely agree.  I was just trying to explain where Scotty's idea may have come from.

JoeSchmoe: Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed message board, Scotty's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Coneline Line" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed message board, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that; that does not make sense!

DarthEbriate: Dammit!

Scotty: What?

DarthEbriate: He's using the Chewbacca Defense!

JoeSchmoe: Why would a wookie, an 8 foot tall wookie, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two foot tall ewoks? That does not make sense! But more importantly, you have to ask yourself, 'what does that have to do with this case?' Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case. It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a cheesy line name, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

"Coneheads line" was a Miracle on Ice thing.  It was Brooks's name for Pavelich's line, and I think it was because Brooks couldn't come up with a better name.

If the movie is to be believed, the duty of nicknaming was delegated to the Assistant Coach. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.