GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 10/15/2022, 1pm, MSG, ESPN+, BSFL, WGR

PromoTheRobot

Mittlestat is a giveaway machine. I wish they traded him over the summer. They should try Krebs at center.

The defense has got to stop pinching and giving up odd man rushes. Power can’t get away with that college stuff.

And they have to come up with a better PP breakout than that pass back at center ice disaster.

3 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Mittlestat is a giveaway machine. I wish they traded him over the summer. They should try Krebs at center.

The defense has got to stop pinching and giving up odd man rushes. Power can’t get away with that college stuff.

And they have to come up with a better PP breakout than that pass back at center ice disaster.

Only thing mittelstadt is good at is skating with the puck up the ice, the issue is it stops there... He skates the puck up the ice into the other opponents end, and then promptly gives it away, lmao.

He can't make a pass, or dump it in, or even shoot the puck, just loses it almost every time.

Edited by FanaticSense06
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Marty reviewing Skinner’s near miss. That was the only offense generated by him and Thompson and Peterka happened to be on with them.

Peterka gonna be a star, his vision / hockey smarts reminds me of Reinhart, but he has better skate speed then Reinhart.

Edited by FanaticSense06
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Krebs needs to be in minor league. 

Tage needs a new winger to replace Oloffson or Skinner

Power just sucks still. 

They are youngest roster & this is a growth year with long term players. Patience my young Padewan, this is game 2. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, grinreaper said:

General observation: When the Panthers had the puck, especially in the offensive zone they had what I call "firm possession". When the Sabres have had the puck they invariably had what I call "tentative possession". Nervousness?

Good point. The Panthers possess the puck with a ton of confidence in where each other player is, regardless which line is out there. They’re a machine. Whereas the Sabres don’t yet have that confidence from every line. Tentative is a good word to describe it. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I like HC DG and want to believe. But that PP is an indictment on the coaching staff, imo. I can’t recall seeing a worse one.

Agree… Experiments with PP and PK aren’t working out… Needs to fix both…

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Mitts and Thompson leading the forwards in ice time.

C’mon DG, there are other forwards playing better.

Prove me wrong TT!

That’s DG though and he’s gonna give his players a chance to play thru the adversity. Not necessarily a bad thing, especially early in the season. That said, those two have to wake up soon. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.