GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 10/15/2022, 1pm, MSG, ESPN+, BSFL, WGR

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Dahlin may score 20 with his 70 points

Liking my prediction that he leads our team in points. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

The gap between the Sabres and elite teams is on full display today. Lucky to only be down one. And some of our better players need to decide to wake up and actually play because going thru the motions isn’t acceptable. 

What can you expect when guys like Thompson don’t have a contract to play for? 

😉

4 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

I dunno why JJ is only getting 9:45 of TOI while mittelstadt gets 21:26?

I get JJ is a rookie and all but that is more then twice the ice time and JJ has been playing well, give the guy more ice time... No reason to have Mitti and TT playing over 20+ minutes and JJ playing not even half that...

Granato... I don't understand why he changed from the first game where the minutes were much more balanced?

Also trying to spread the talent out on the PP, which it seem'd like he changed by the end of the game was also a bad decision and might of cost us this game, or at least a point if we score on one of the PP and get to overtime.

Granato also needs to get TT going, put Tuch back on his line, I dunno but we can't have him going 2 straight games without even registering a point when he is getting some of the most ice time.

Granato has a lot of work to do... Some bad decision already popping up imo, but I am willing to forget those if he corrects them. I guess the mentality this season really is not to win games but to learn, which I don't really like personally, we want to win, and learn while doing it.

HCDG will figure out a way. Points early on are important but it’s only the second game. 

3 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Tell me you’ve never played hockey without telling me you’ve never played hockey.  

He didn't look that tired to me, in fact he looked like he was taking it ez all game, should of had plenty of energy still with his lackluster play.

Edited by FanaticSense06
  • Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's early in the season so no doldrums yet, but one thing is obvious today: Florida did not take Buffalo lightly. They put the petal down early and are keeping it going all game. And despite the youth, this Sabres squad looks resilient against a top-end offensive squad.

A very good point, and an interesting thing to keep an eye on this year. The concerns in thread about Tage are well too premature imo, but as I mentioned in the Tage thread earlier this offseason I do believe your point will factor in to the game planning Tage sees from other teams: they know they have to key on him. 

Its why I predicted a first-line level production from him but a slight regression 

I dunno what you guys expect, TT just signed a huge contract extension, all eyes are on him to repeat what he did last season.

So far he has put up two STINKERS of a game, his corsi has been terrible, his shots on goal terrible, no points, his body language does not look good...

Until he starts being the player we signed him to be I am going to be very critical as I did not agree with signing him to that extension in the first place.

Edited by FanaticSense06

28 minutes ago, Believer said:

Laughable going after Tkachuk after the game ended… We needed more clean aggressiveness during the game… Beat by an elite team…

Showed our youngsters how to play, get a lead, and finish for the win…

DG is a very good Development coach… Jury still out as a Game coach, imo… 

You're acting like the Sabres have already arrived and should be beating teams loaded with proven veteran talent that have been in the cup hunt for years.

That's what the next 80 games are for. Hopefully we're where Colorado was 5 years ago by season's end. That's pretty much best case scenario.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

I dunno what you guys expect, TT just signed a huge contract extension, all eyes are on him to repeat what he did last season.

So far he has put up two STINKERS of a game, his corsi has been terrible, his shots on goal terrible, no points, his body language does not look good...

Until he starts being the player we signed him to be I am going to be very critical as I did not agree with signing him to that extension in the first place.

Hey, fans can be critical all they want. Just like fans who have patience for the overall picture and context of the moment can say “geez relax” 😂

7 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

No one cares. Spend all your time being critical of his play. Nothing you complain about will change anything on the ice so knock yourself out.

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:
36 minutes ago, Believer said:

You're acting like the Sabres have already arrived

As I posted, we were beat by an elite team… We are a developing team… Fact is, the Panthers schooled us today… DG will sit the kids down this week, go through the tape, and point out the learning… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm also starting to like this Lybushkin guy. Gimme more of the same and he might just become one of my favourites.

Agree with you… He brings good experience… and plays hard to protect his territory and his teammates… 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FanaticSense06 said:

So you'll be adding to those 67 comments with Tage bashing all season? How fun.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Power has shown nothing nor have I seen much from Quinn.  I hope DG isn’t gifting them a spot because of draft status. 

I think Power looks great for 10 games of experience. He looks like a 5 year journeyman out there most of the time with the occasional offensive breakout. So much poise. I'm not sure what more you want to ask from a rookie on the 2nd pair.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

Punch checking in. I was at the game this afternoon. My comments from Section 308. 

The crowd -   The crowd was loud and into it.  Unfortunately, the crowd was small, the building was not even half full.  The usher told me there were about 10,500 paid but no way that many showed up,  A Saturday matinee and it was not kids day, that sure seems like poor marketing.  

Florida Panthers -  Clearly the better team and they played with the attitude that they weren’t going to lose. Their third period shut down was stifling.  We had 3 SOG for almost the entire 3rd period.  Overall I was happy to see a close game and most of you guys know I hate the moral victory BS.  

I was happy to see some fireworks at the end of the game too. This team has to start hating to lose.   It’s good to show Florida we care and to battle.  

Krebs- I don’t get the hate towards him by some here. He played harder than most of the forwards. He was involved in the physical aspect of the game and at least he is mixing it up.  He set up a few guys and he works hard. 

What stinks?   -  The power play.  Poor entries, poor puck control and movement, no finish.  Yuck. 

Best players today - Comrie, Tuch, Dahlin, Zemgus, Cozens 

Players MIA today  - Tage, Mitts, Quinn.   Tage and Mitts are are not getting enough scoring chances.   I see DG changing lines constantly in the 3rd looking for something.  

Quinn has some size that I like, but he is not keeping up with the play and was the least visible forward today, just as he was in the first game.  He had only 11:25 of ice time vs Ottawa, and was down to 9:33 today.  That is the  least of the forwards.  We could see Hinnostoza in the next game. 

Olofsson still doesn’t impress me in 5v5 and is not a first line winger.  

Long season ahead. I hope DG can fix the PP and get some lines working better. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think Power looks great for 10 games of experience. He looks like a 5 year journeyman out there most of the time with the occasional offensive breakout. So much poise. I'm not sure what more you want to ask from a rookie on the 2nd pair.

I want a defenseman who knows what he is doing in his own end, and isn’t getting caught out of position leading to odd man rushes.  If that needs to be learned, learn at the AHL level. 

I don’t see this poise at all. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.