GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 10/15/2022, 1pm, MSG, ESPN+, BSFL, WGR

PromoTheRobot

Laughable going after Tkachuk after the game ended… We needed more clean aggressiveness during the game… Beat by an elite team…

Showed our youngsters how to play, get a lead, and finish for the win…

DG is a very good Development coach… Jury still out as a Game coach, imo… 

• Disagree 3
  • dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Although the score was close that was a complete mismatch. Especially the second half of that game. Nothing much encouraging to take away from that game. Long season coming yet again. 

Nominee for worst post of the year and it is game 2. Congrats. Go outside and get some fresh air.

• Like (+1) 1

Again, the gap is evident. Especially when a few of your supposedly best players don’t show up. Did well to keep it a one score game. 

I like what I’m seeing out of the younger guys the first two games. 

Comrie looked good as well. FLA could have had several more this game. 

DG has some work to do. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I hear ya, just pointing out that which is factual.

Context matters. Youngest team, they will learn & grow from this. I don’t see the Suck Sabres anymore. They are building & we should recognize that and not overreact as a knowledge fan base. 

That is a good game for this team. They see how far they still need to go.Granato and staff will teach a lot from that tape.

They didn’t back down, they battled hard. They will learn a lot from today.

I liked Comrie today. Very steady.

Please keep the Skinner Tage Tuch together. Let the other lines work themselves out.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

They need to move Tuch back with Thompson going forward. He’s needed to get the puck off the wall that VO can’t do. Or give Peterka a chance with him.

They're still looking for someone to drive the 2nd line if they move Tuch up.  Maybe move Cozens and Peterka to the 2nd line and pair them with Skinner.

Mittelstadt is more of a 3rd line center and Cozens has done a good job of driving play in preseason and the first couple of games.

• Like (+1) 1

Well after watching this I don't think there's any question Tuch elevates the play of his linemates substantially. Thompson looked like the Thompson of 2 years ago and Skinner was a lazy floater until Tuch was put back on that line and then they were our best again. Thompson got the money, he needs to step it up on his own. 

Mitts wasn't a problem this game. In fact he was pretty good. Quinn however, imo, doesn't belong out there yet and should sit the next game in favour of Vinnie. That line just doesn't work as a unit. Is Mitts really our best face off guy though? I mean he might be, but is that good enough? I don't think so. 

Unlike Thompson, Samuelsson is earning his money. Comrie was okay. 

Dahlin and Tuch were our best players. Cozens is definitely getting there.

I'm also starting to like this Lybushkin guy. Gimme more of the same and he might just become one of my favourites.

Overall we look more like a real hockey team even though we were outplayed all game. We took advantage of some chances which was good, but we do not have much sustained offense and we will have to be much better than this to win. 

(Florida won't get out of the division with their D as it is)

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Although the score was close that was a complete mismatch. Especially the second half of that game. Nothing much encouraging to take away from that game. Long season coming yet again. 

Glad we have coaches we do. You are wrong with your take on nothing to take from game. I coached hundreds of people in my business career. There IS ALWAYS something to take from any interaction to learn and grow from (positives & opportunities). Patience my young Padewan, patience.

Edited by Spoonman

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

That is a good game for this team. They see how far they still need to go.Granato and staff will teach a lot from that tape.

They didn’t back down, they battled hard. They will learn a lot from today.

I liked Comrie today. Very steady.

Please keep the Skinner Tage Tuch together. Let the other lines work themselves out.

Last year's Sabres loss all 4 games to the Panthers with a 22-11 goal disadvantage.  The kids hung pretty good today.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I pointed out a specific player, Tage. Your talking team, 2 different subjects. 

Is TAGE not a part of the team? Come on, let’s not play semantics here sir. HE is still young & growing into his game as a C. And ….um …... GAME 2. SMH

8 minutes ago, Believer said:

Laughable going after Tkachuk after the game ended… 

Wrong. Just wrong. 

After the game doesn't cost us a bad penalty. We stood up to him earlier as well remember. 

In this case they shot the puck up at Cozens face so he was pissed and went after the rat. You have to love the fire and the compete. 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Power has shown nothing nor have I seem much from Quinn.  I hope DG isn’t gifting them a spot because of draft status. 

I agree on Quinn and would play Vinnie next game. Bring Quinn back in slowly if he works hard in practice, if he doesn't down he goes. 

Power is struggling with the speed and pace a little. Not sure how that plays out going forward but I would consider 3rd pairing minutes for a while. 

3 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Is TAGE not a part of the team? Come on, let’s not play semantics here sir. HE is still young & growing into his game as a C. And ….um …... GAME 2. SMH

And once again, I was merely pointing out that which has unfolded in the first 2 games of the this season with this particular player.

I expect more from him, so shoot me.

This game proved the Sabres can stay with a good team and battle back. Gives hope and expectations to live up to.

Peterka is creating opportunities and seems to have good offensive IQ.

Comrie gives me hope he and Andersen can keep us in most games. 

Cozens and Tuch come to play. Wouldn’t mind seeing a Skinner Cozens Tuch line.

Boosh is an upgrade from Pysyk and Pilut. Plays with a double edge sword.

Mitts was better in the first half of the game.

TT: Where did he go? It’s ok if he doesn’t score but looking disinterested is unacceptable regardless of player/contract. 

Krebs tries and in a month or so will be more of an asset. 

Quinn: Hangs out with TT at parts unknown.

DMen need to pay attention and not give up so many odd man rushes. Luckily our goaltending “appears” to be noticeably better.

I dunno why JJ is only getting 9:45 of TOI while mittelstadt gets 21:26?

I get JJ is a rookie and all but that is more then twice the ice time and JJ has been playing well, give the guy more ice time... No reason to have Mitti and TT playing over 20+ minutes and JJ playing not even half that...

Granato... I don't understand why he changed from the first game where the minutes were much more balanced?

Also trying to spread the talent out on the PP, which it seem'd like he changed by the end of the game was also a bad decision and might of cost us this game, or at least a point if we score on one of the PP and get to overtime.

Granato also needs to get TT going, put Tuch back on his line, I dunno but we can't have him going 2 straight games without even registering a point when he is getting some of the most ice time.

Granato has a lot of work to do... Some bad decision already popping up imo, but I am willing to forget those if he corrects them. I guess the mentality this season really is not to win games but to learn, which I don't really like personally, we want to win, and learn while doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.