Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So Horvat signed isn't impossible to walk away from for you? If Horvat was signed as part of the deal I'd give them Krebs, Mitts and one more. 

Sign me up 

49 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Lindy and the Devils have now won 11 in a row.  

Dont worry we have the next lindy ruff i was told 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

There’s no way I give up on Krebs. Not unless the return is impossible to walk away from. 

Last year I would have agreed with you. But this year, I think he might be one of the worst forwards in the NHL. As posted by me and others, he is doing a lot of gliding out there, he is too slow and is late getting back on rushes.  He loses battles for the puck all the time, He can't control loose pucks. He has single-handedly been responsible for multiple goals scored against the Sabres while contributing almost nothing on the score sheet.  

He might turn out to be a good NHLer and I'm hoping he does. But as of now, his size/strength/speed make make me feel is upside is limited...but the things he IS good at (supposedly hockey sense, vision, passing) he isn't even showing any signs of using.  Patience, I know, and I'm willing to have patience with him...but IF he reaches his peak, and that is a big if, I think what you get is something like Sam Reinhart with 20% less offensive production and more D-zone liability.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/16/2022 at 11:24 PM, Thorny said:

6 in 16 for Sam, but also 4 of those points (3 goals) in his last 5. Maybe that turns out to be a blip, but considering he has almost always started very slow, it's likely just par for the course, and now we are seeing his production come along. Will have to wait and see to know for sure. 

I'm actually pretty surprised Larsson is out of the NHL. We should sign him 

Let's do better.  

23 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

You’re probably looking at Savoie, a top five protected first round pick in 2023, a 3rd or 4th round pick, and Mittelstadt

uh, no way.   

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Anyone on the team or in the system, or future picks other than Dahlin, Power, Tage, Tuch, and JJP.  Cozens.  

Fixed

Edited by Pimlach

18 hours ago, Zamboni said:

There’s no way I give up on Krebs. Not unless the return is impossible to walk away from. 

I could trade Krebs and Mitts and a pick of some kind for Horvat any day.    Our Center spline gets so much better with Tage and Horvat.  Then add in Savoie/Östlund/Kulich and move Cozens to wing.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Are you trying to tell me what you think it’ll take? Or what you would be willing to offer?

For your trade proposal I am not sure we need to offer a 2023 1st rounder (even if protected, this is supposed to be a strong draft) and Savoie - that is too rich for me.  

To Labatt, I am saying the guys I hold onto are Dahlin, Power, Tage, and Cozens.  That is the core right now.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

For your trade proposal I am not sure we need to offer a 2023 1st rounder (even if protected, this is supposed to be a strong draft) and Savoie - that is too rich for me.  

To Labatt, I am saying the guys I hold onto are Dahlin, Power, Tage, and Cozens.  That is the core right now.  

Not sure if you caught it, but I gave my logic on another post. 

But is it really an overpay?

It’s kind of like…you’re getting the guarantee of a fully-developed/an all grown up and ready to play version of your prospect at or near his prime.   

So for that privilege, you’re definitely paying the prospect back, a premium first round pick, a later round pick, and a roster player. 

The closer to the deadline we get, the weaker the deal becomes.  60 games this year instead of 18 is a big difference in my mind. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2022 at 4:37 PM, rickshaw said:

Rumors are floating around in Vancouver that Horvat is on the way out. If Adams could get him to sign who would you be happy to let go?

Horvat is a stand up guy who never takes a night off. He’d really hep the Sabres. Interesting proposition imo. But for who?

I'd do it.  I'm not that high on Savoie, I don't like Mittlestadt, and I'm sick of waiting 5 years for draft picks to develop.  

Good thing I'm not the GM, I guess.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'd do it.  I'm not that high on Savoie, I don't like Mittlestadt, and I'm sick of waiting 5 years for draft picks to develop.  

Good thing I'm not the GM, I guess.

Wow a differing opinion how dare you 

I agree tho 

There's no rule that says you HAVE to wait for every "prospect" to develop. Some seem to think that 

4 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

In the Sabres' defense almost every game now is unpredicatable...suddenly St Louis is winning again and Columbus took down Florida last night.  Please send us Patrick Kane...need a spark and he would do that for sure

Is he free? If he's free I'll take him. 

On 11/19/2022 at 4:34 PM, Thorny said:

Ullmark leads the NHL in GAA and sv%

Plays for a much better team, hence why his gaa is best in the league. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.