Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

23 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Huh? Cribbs was a premier RB1 in his (brief) heyday. And an excellent pass catcher to boot.

8 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Lol, cribbs was lots better. Hooks was solid and riddick was decent. Look at cribbs numbers

That’s why a posted that. Cribbs was the man. 

I am not saying that Cribbs wasn't better -- he was.  But the highlight videos have more of Roland Hooks and Robb Riddick in them.  Maybe Ralph et al. were still miffed at him jumping to the USFL when those videos were made.

53 minutes ago, Marvin said:

In Bills History, I would say Roland Hooks and Robb Riddick are better known from that era.

No way.  Cribbs was a Thurman Thomas.  Unfortunately, he bolted for the USFL, and we all know how well people associated with that venture have done.

Edited by Eleven

36 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I am not saying that Cribbs wasn't better -- he was.  But the highlight videos have more of Roland Hooks and Robb Riddick in them.  Maybe Ralph et al. were still miffed at him jumping to the USFL when those videos were made.

I remain confused.

I wasn’t aware of the Bills making highlight videos back then. Regardless, if someone says “name the premier Bills running back from the early and mid 80s,” fans are going to say Cribbs (not Hooks or Riddick).

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

He used to, anyway. (I'll keep saying it.) Maybe the training staff can get him injected with some TB12 magic juice or something. I am all in on hoping Beasley can deliver that 6 catches for 34 yards type line.

I think it's worth taking a flyer on him at the very least.  If he can open up the underneath passing game even slightly, it might give us another dimension.  He's not being asked to play a full schedule, either.  I'm not sure what he has left, but he's familiar with our system.  I'm looking forward to finding out.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

I loved Joe Cribbs.  We were very close in 1980 and he was a huge part of it.  Afterward, Greg Bell was decent, but not to that level. 

And Greg Bell got us Cornelius Bennett.  (Hoping my feeble memory has that right)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Speaking of 80s Bills greats, I was watching a non-Bills NFL broadcast at some point this season and Jerry Butler’s name came up as a holder of some WR record (or maybe a top-3 placeholder). It was cool to see that.

I remain convinced that if Butler hadn't blown out his knee he would be in the Hall of Fame today. He was that dynamic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Speaking of 80s Bills greats, I was watching a non-Bills NFL broadcast at some point this season and Jerry Butler’s name came up as a holder of some WR record (or maybe a top-3 placeholder). It was cool to see that.

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

I remain convinced that if Butler hadn't blown out his knee he would be in the Hall of Fame today. He was that dynamic.

Butler was so good.  He and Takeo Spikes are my 2 all-time "what might've been if not for injury" Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Haven't thought about those guys for awhile. I loved those Bills.

Not sure what happened to my post ...

Game 1 they finally beat the Fins after going O for the 1970s.  The fans tore down the goal posts.

Last game ... Fouts throws a 50 yard bomb to win it for San Diego.  The play before that was nearly intercepted.  If the bobler could have held on for the INT the game would have ended and the Bills would have played the Raiders (Oakland) in Buffalo for a trip to the SB.

10 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Not sure what happened to my post ...

Game 1 they finally beat the Fins after going O for the 1970s.  The fans tore down the goal posts.

Last game ... Fouts throws a 50 yard bomb to win it for San Diego.  The play before that was nearly intercepted.  If the bobler could have held on for the INT the game would have ended and the Bills would have played the Raiders (Oakland) in Buffalo for a trip to the SB.

I would have loved our chances against the Raiders and Eagles.

• Like (+1) 3

I agree on Jerry Butler but that raises the next questions.  

Is Diggs the best WR ever to play for the Bills?  Reed is in the Hall, but I honestly think Diggs is the better player, although we may have been better off keeping the pick and choosing Jefferson.

Bob Chandler, Moulds and Lofton have to be on the list somewhere.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Is Diggs the best WR ever to play for the Bills?  Reed is in the Hall, but I honestly think Diggs is the better player, although we may have been better off keeping the pick and choosing Jefferson.

Reed was awesome player. I would take 83 

55 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yes.  But no love for Sam Cowart?

Good call -- he's on the list too.

25 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Diggs hasn't been here long enough yet IMHO to supplant Reed, although Diggs' peak is probably higher than Reed's.  It's pretty close though -- Reed was a fantastic player.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Good call -- he's on the list too.

Diggs hasn't been here long enough yet IMHO to supplant Reed, although Diggs' peak is probably higher than Reed's.  It's pretty close though -- Reed was a fantastic player.

Diggs is at 4000 yards and 28 TDs with 4 games to go in his 3 years here.  These are Buffalo records for a 3 years stretch.