Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

11 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

See for yourself. Also there is an article in the Buffalo News today behind a paywall so I cant read it

3528EB7F-7BFF-48C8-B09A-383F129D069D.jpeg

I think a lot of that is (still) Josh's thumb/elbow.  It's probably 90% but he's missing that fine touch to put the ball right where it needs to be at the correct speed.  I see a lot of short passes being thrown like bullets.

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Your team basically signed all your x players I've never seen that before

Eh, makes sense.  You get the best players you can but when push comes to shove and he have injuries etc., you go with the players you know if they're available.  They know the personnel and the playbook.

26 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think a lot of that is (still) Josh's thumb/elbow.  It's probably 90% but he's missing that fine touch to put the ball right where it needs to be at the correct speed.  I see a lot of short passes being thrown like bullets.

Nah, man. The fault with the drops lies overwhelmingly with our skill position players. Knox and Singletary each had at least one groaner against the Jets. And McKenzie had 2 crucial drops (of eminently catchable balls (in one case, he just lacked the footwork and body control to make what should be a simple catch at that level)) - hence the Beasley signing. Crowder's injury looms large for the Bills. McKenzie is not a playoff team's slot receiver. Sorry, Lil' Dirty. You're just not reliable.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Nah, man. The fault with the drops lies overwhelmingly with our skill position players. Knox and Singletary each had at least one groaner against the Jets. And McKenzie had 2 crucial drops (of eminently catchable balls (in one case, he just lacked the footwork and body control to make what should be a simple catch at that level)) - hence the Beasley signing. Crowder's injury looms large for the Bills. McKenzie is not a playoff team's slot receiver. Sorry, Lil' Dirty. You're just not reliable.

It seems like it's gotten worse since Josh got banged up.  I think timing is off just a bit.

FWIW: https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Bills are in a 3-way tie for first with 25 drops, there's a 3-way tie for 16-18 at 16 drops, so the Bills average less than one dropped pass more per game than the middle of the pack. Really need a fancystat drops per attempt or something, since you know the Bills are throwing more than some other teams.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It seems like it's gotten worse since Josh got banged up.  I think timing is off just a bit.

Possibly? There was an early (the first?) play of the game for the Bills where Allen *had* Diggs (for a big gain or maybe even a YAC score) and just missed him by a bunch. So there's probably something to the idea that the elbow is affecting accuracy/timing. But for the drops I have in mind? Those are not on the QB. Those are eliciting "CATCH THE EFFING BALL" cries from our area of the 300s.

47 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Nobody moves the chains like Beasley. McKenzie isn’t the guy. McKenzie is a gadget guy. 

Nobody used to move the chains like Beasley, anyway. He was incredible. Was. God willing, he can find the magic for a few months.

Agreed 100% that McKenzie cannot be the team's first choice at slot receiver.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Agree 1

Beasley beats zone coverage for the mid yardage. Reliable catcher. Exactly what the Bills have been without all season. I think Crowder was supposed to fill in that role but he predictably got injured. Sounds like distaste from politics is behind Beasley and the team, excited to have him here.

Now what O lineman is in shape ready to be signed ^^

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

Beasley beats zone coverage for the mid yardage.

He used to, anyway. (I'll keep saying it.) Maybe the training staff can get him injected with some TB12 magic juice or something. I am all in on hoping Beasley can deliver that 6 catches for 34 yards type line.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Singletary has the highest amount of drops on the team 

8 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Singletary has the highest amount of drops on the team 

Checks out. Hence trying to sign that Washington third down back (I forget his name), then drafting Cook, then signing Hines.

As for Hines: We are still waiting on that guy to make a play. Hasn't happened yet. But I think it will!

42 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Reports are saying the return of Brown and Beasley was Allen driven decision and they obliged. Compare this to what they’ve done up in Green Bay. 

Beane giving his allstar what he wants after his own attempts all faltered. 

I just don’t know how much gas these dudes have in the tank.  Especially the lithe Beasley whose injuries and age have taken their toll. 

Edited by inkman

41 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I wonder if this means no OBJ.

Beasley isn't what they really need, which is a good O-lineman and a good deep threat at WR, but he'll help turn the 2nd-and-10s we've been seeing following Singletary drops into 2nd-and-3s.

I get the sense no one’s really in on OBJ to play this season.

If Beasley can generate that “passing as running game” element, it will mask some of the line’s deficiencies.

31 minutes ago, Marvin said:

In Bills History, I would say Roland Hooks and Robb Riddick are better known from that era.

Lol, cribbs was lots better. Hooks was solid and riddick was decent. Look at cribbs numbers

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Huh? Cribbs was a premier RB1 in his (brief) heyday. And an excellent pass catcher to boot.

That’s why a posted that. Cribbs was the man. 

• Like (+1) 1