Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Of course it had a lot to do with the Jets defense, they are excellent. It also had a lot to do with our inconsistent running game.  It also had a lot to do with 4 or 5 dropped passes - which has a lot to do with catching a wet and cold ball.

Of course the players and coaches will say the weather was not a problem.  Sal is a great guy, but I don't think he knows any more about it than me or you, or my two brothers that we there at the game along with Sal.  If you watched the game there was much more rain than snow, and thankfully hardly any wind. 

Every year they play games in bad weather and those games are consistently the ones where we gain the least yards in, and we score the least points in.  You can find an outlier game here and there, but for the most part our offense has not proven to be anywhere near as effective as they are in good weather.  I believe that a big part of it is that the do not run the ball effectively enough.  

Looking at the past 4 games, all wins, you see that the offense is scoring far less than the first 6 games of the season less.  Teams know what to do to slow down our offense, and the NFL is a copycat league.  Knowling what to do is only part of it, not many teams have the players to execute the gameplan.   

Besides Diggs, there are no other high level weapons for Allen.  

Dropped passes isn’t a weather thing, it’s a Bills thing.  It appears that the Buffalo News has an article about it (posted 5 hours ago) but it’s behind a pay wall. This is from NBC Sports 

B619F233-916F-464E-A1AE-63537CF5DD7A.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Opps!  I meant 3rd down conversions for first downs.     We had two, both in the first half.  Should have said 3rd down conversion.  

Your link is referring to the wrong Jets game.  

yep, my bad. I saw the "20" and jumped to judgment haha.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

Dropped passes isn’t a weather thing, it’s a Bills thing.  It appears that the Buffalo News has an article about it (posted 5 hours ago) but it’s behind a pay wall. This is from NBC Sports 

This means absolutely nothing. You are only showing 4 of the 32 numbers!

Hey, I have some property for sale really cheap. Very nice. Great location. I’ll show you 1/8 of it before we cut the deal.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

What’s their drop %?  The Bills throw more than any team in the league. I’d expect them to be near the top in drops.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Ok so the Bills are in a three way tie for 2nd which is soooooo much better🤦‍♂️

They could be in a 31 way tie for second by the info you shared.

If you want to make a point, be transparent.

Just friendly advice.

36 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Also there is an article in the Buffalo News today behind a paywall so I cant read it

Yet you site it as evidence.

Where the hell is the Sasquatch emoji when you need him?

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Ogre said:

They could be in a 31 way tie for second by the info you shared.

If you want to make a point, be transparent.

Just friendly advice.

Yet you site it as evidence.

Where the hell is the Sasquatch emoji when you need him?

THERE IS A SASQUATCH EMOJI?!?

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, inkman said:

What’s their drop %?  The Bills throw more than any team in the league. I’d expect them to be near the top in drops.  

Interesting to see but even without seeing the percentages, I suspect we do drop more than the league average.  

As this season has progressed, I have become less enamored with our WRs/TEs/RBs in the passing game, with the exception of Diggs.  Getting Allen another top tier weapon is a must.  That and more talent in the interior OL.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

This is not true. The are 7th in attempts (still pretty high). They are 22nd in comp%. I honestly couldn't believe they brought JB back. I'm glad he was only targeted once (drop) on Sunday. 

I've been saying for years that our receivers don't do Josh any favors. All the people shouting about Josh's accuracy always drowned me out.

Edited by SwampD

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This is not true. The are 7th in attempts (still pretty high). They are 22nd in comp%. I honestly couldn't believe they brought JB back. I'm glad he was only targeted once (drop) on Sunday. 

I've been saying for years that our receivers don't do Josh any favors. All the people shouting about Josh's accuracy always drowned me out.

I remarked to myself more than once on Sunday that Josh’s ball placement/accuracy left something to be desired. He’s not doing his pass catchers any favors. At the same time, McKenzie & Knox were guilty of egregious drops. 

They just don’t look like they’re quite in sync right now. And the Bills are still winning.
I think they’ll figure it out.  

10 minutes ago, GoPre said:

After the John Brown signing, Diggs told the media - “The band’s almost back together.” 

I really hope Beasley returns.  

I understand Bease’s usefulness when you need five yards on third down, but the Bucs could also use that and moved on from him pretty quickly. I think he’s used up. 

22 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I remarked to myself more than once on Sunday that Josh’s ball placement/accuracy left something to be desired. He’s not doing his pass catchers any favors. At the same time, McKenzie & Knox were guilty of egregious drops. 

They just don’t look like they’re quite in sync right now. And the Bills are still winning.

I understand Bease’s usefulness when you need five yards on third down, but the Bucs could also use that and moved on from him pretty quickly. I think he’s used up. 

That's just not true. They wouldn't lead the league in drops if it were.

Watch other games. Other teams' receivers fight for the ball way more than ours. Unless Josh hits them right in the hands, and WIDE OPEN, they don't catch it. Other than Diggs, that is.

I'm so sick of this argument.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm not sure anyone on the Bills agrees with you here.  He is a rookie RB on a veteran team behind a lousy Oline.  They liked Cook enough and his skill set to trade away Moss.  They also have been expanding his role in recent weeks.  

It’s unfortunate. He is straight up missing blocking assignments, giving up on plays early, and they stopped throwing it to him cause he can’t catch. I’ve yet to see the talent that makes the wait worth it. 

6 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

He left Tampa after dropping a ball and getting bitched out royally by Brady. People quit bosses, not jobs. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

He left Tampa after dropping a ball and getting bitched out royally by Brady. People quit bosses, not jobs. 

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The Bills sorely miss what Beasley used to do.

I don’t think Beasley can do that anymore.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that whole article based on someone typing Cole’s handle?  (And a suspect tweet)