Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Rain, snow, wind - all of it hurts the passing game.  We don't have a consistent run game aside form Allen.

The offense had two chances to run the clock down and preserve the game in the 4th Q, and they could not even muster a first down.  They had ZERO first downs in the second half.  ZERO.  

The Bills had zero first downs in the second half? I’m not following you here, Punch. 

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Rain, snow, wind - all of it hurts the passing game.  We don't have a consistent run game aside form Allen.

The offense had two chances to run the clock down and preserve the game in the 4th Q, and they could not even muster a first down.  They had ZERO first downs in the second half.  ZERO.  

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The Bills had zero first downs in the second half? I’m not following you here, Punch. 

Yeah, I mean thats just demonstrably not true:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401437826

image.png

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

I keep getting closer and closer to leaving social media and all that entails. I get the frustration of Sabres fan but the freakin Bills are 10-3 which is amazing considering their coaches and players all suck.

Just so we are clear, I have no “delusions of grandeur.” I don’t think my departure will cause a huge outcry. It may, however, be greatly appreciated by the people who have to deal with my mood swings or those employees that I may have threatened to relocate to Utica.

The Bills are 10-3 and you  have to be happy about that. There is also some reason to be concern since the offense isn’t dominating like they did in the beginning of the season. Matter of fact the offense seems to be struggling even in the last three wins (not so much against the Patriots)

plus people are never going to be happy unless thet go undefeated through the Super Bowl 

Edited by Sidc3000

52 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I think that’s the point. Beating Miami next week makes it 99.9999% sure the bills win the division but it would still take one more Buffalo win or Miami loss to guarantee it.

When the Bills beat Miami that gives us a 3 game lead with 3 to go.  We then have to win one of our last 3 to secure the Division.  We play the Bears after Miami and that should wrap things up.

I hear everyone say it's important for the Bills to get the #1 seed so they can have home field throughout the playoffs. While important I think that's the third on the list of reasons.

The top reason, IMPO. is that the Bills desperately need the only bye to (1) get healed up a bit more, and (2) try to get the offence back in early-season synch.

I'm being a bit more presumptuous on the second reason. I feel the clear top 3 teams are Bills, Chiefs and Bengals. A small gap after that. The #1 seed would only need to beat one of the #2 or #3 to get to the Super Bowl. The #2 or #3 seed would need to beat the other AND the #1 seed. Again, that assumes the wild card round is chalk.

Then #3, playing in Orchard Park.

The Bills will need to win out because I don't see the Chiefs losing any of their last four.

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, sabills said:

Its not only that they're one dimensional, its that they really only have two good+ players on offense in Allen and Diggs. Everyone else is replacement level or worse. They have two threats: Allen running and Allen passing to Diggs. The failure to add to the WR position or get another TE who's actually a passing concern this offseason/trade deadline is a big issue.

Absolutely. You take Diggs out of the equation, then you have Josh running. I know they just re-signed Smoke and that may take some heat off of Diggs but smoke only got what one target. Hopefully they’ll get him more involved in the last several games. I’m am not sold on Knox at all. The Bills need someone that is very hard to stop like like a Kelce or Gronk. 

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

Receivers suck, tight ends suck, line sucks, coach sucks, coordinators suck, schemes suck.... wait, what? One seed in the AFC?

***** idiots. 

Hahahaha no one says they’re not a great team but there is always room Improvement. If you don’t think that because of their record, then who’s the ***** idiot? 

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

The Bills - Bengals game looms large. 
hopefully KC trips up in one of their final games.    Unlikely as that is

will definitely suck if the Bills go 13-4 and still don’t have the #1 seed

IMO KC is the new Patriots for the Bills. Always have their number when it counts the most. 

8 minutes ago, Hank said:

Receivers suck, tight ends suck, line sucks, coach sucks, coordinators suck, schemes suck.... wait, what? One seed in the AFC?

***** idiots. 

4 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Hahahaha no one says they’re not a great team but there is always room Improvement. If you don’t think that because of their record, then who’s the ***** idiot? 

I can think of several users on TBD who think this is a great team but for which everything on the offence except Allen and Diggs sucks while everything on defence is held together by bubble gum and hair pins and the team is at full strength.  If that were all true, we'd be 3-10.

11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I can think of several users on TBD who think this is a great team but for which everything on the offence except Allen and Diggs sucks while everything on defence is held together by bubble gum and hair pins and the team is at full strength.  If that were all true, we'd be 3-10.

The run game is getting better, and a bit more relied upon, after Josh hurt his elbow. It was ineffective yesterday because the Jets D was dominant. The Bills really have one true deep threat (Diggs) because he can catch almost anything. Davis is useful but he’s not going to be making spectacular jumping one hand, off the helmet type catches Diggs can pull off. Mckenzie (who replaced Beasley) is a liability more than anything because he can’t catch a ball if his life depended on it. Knox is not anywhere near the caliber the Bills need him at TE. 

with all of the injuries the defense has had to deal with, they are pretty solid. Except for Johnson. The offense is target him because he cannot make a play on the ball. IMO he is the biggest liability on the defense 

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

The Bills are 10-3 and you  have to be happy about that. There is also some reason to be concern since the offense isn’t dominating like they did in the beginning of the season. Matter of fact the offense seems to be struggling even in the last three wins (not so much against the Patriots)

plus people are never going to be happy unless thet go undefeated through the Super Bowl 

They are having OLine issues (Saffold) and the dropsies at receiver including Diggs.  Knox is being used as a blocker to shore up the Oline.  Ike Boettger will be back in a couple of weeks and that will help.  I’m perfectly OK with winning with a stellar D.  I"m a Georgia fan afterall.

In fact this teams reminds me a great deal of Georgia.  Inconsistent but sometimes dominate offense and seems to suffer in bad weather.  A team that’s excellent defensively but is weakest in the D backfield.  A team that had a lull mid-season when injuries struck especially with the QB playing through an arm injury.  Like GA, now that health is returning, the team is getting better.  Bills are 4-0 in the last 4 and GA, since the bad Mizzou game, has crushed everyone they played including 3 ranked teams.  In the bad weather at UK they controlled the clock and game by rushing for 250 yards and only seeding 6 pts.

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Not sure that is true... Bills are 1-2, Fish 2-2 Bills beat Fish they are 3-2 and fish 2-3... all Bills need to do is beat the Patsies 1 more time... that being said Bills final four games fish, Bears, Bungles and Patsies... if the Bills beats the fish they'd have to go 0-3 in their final 3 to even be tied.

The Bills are 2-2, The Dolphins are 2-1. With a Bills win, that becomes 3-2 to the Dolphins' 2-2. However, in order to end up tied in that scenario, the Bills would have to lose out (which means losing to the Patriots), bringing their divisional record to 3-3, and the Dolphins would have to win out (including beating the Jets and Patriots in the final two weeks), bringing their divisional record to 4-2.

I do think Miami is likely to win out (vs GB, @NE, vs NYJ), but I find it incredibly unlikely that Buffalo would lose out (@CHI, @CIN, vs NE). Obviously Cincinnati will be a very tough game, but if they were to drop both games to Chicago and New England, I'd say they don't deserve to win the division.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

I'm being a bit more presumptuous on the second reason. I feel the clear top 3 teams are Bills, Chiefs and Bengals. A small gap after that. The #1 seed would only need to beat one of the #2 or #3 to get to the Super Bowl. The #2 or #3 seed would need to beat the other AND the #1 seed. Again, that assumes the wild card round is chalk.

It's a real possibility that Cincinnati doesn't take their division. If Baltimore wins their three non-Cincinnati games (@Cle, Atl, Pit), all very winnable games without Lamar, and if the Bills beat the Bengals in their week 17 match, then Baltimore takes the division even with a week 18 loss to Cincinnati, due to a better divisional record (5-1 vs 4-2).

2 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

IMO KC is the new Patriots for the Bills. Always have their number when it counts the most. 

I was thinking more along the lines of early-90s Bills and Dolphins, with the Bills playing the part of the Dolphins. Miami lost 3 of 3 playoff meetings to the Bills during that period. I think the difference with the Bills/Pats is Buffalo was never good during that era. The Bills haven't lost to the Pats in the playoffs since 1963, and only played them one other time, last year.

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 2

I will say, if Q Williams doesn't go out and Mike White doesn't have his Thorax crushed into oblivion; I'm not so sure we win yesterday. 

I went to the game, I left at halftime, it was wet, cold and I just wasn't into it, the game was also very very boring. 

We had no answers for that big man in the middle. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I will say, if Q Williams doesn't go out and Mike White doesn't have his Thorax crushed into oblivion; I'm not so sure we win yesterday. 

I went to the game, I left at halftime, it was wet, cold and I just wasn't into it, the game was also very very boring. 

That’s the thing with the NFL.  Just win and advance.  Injuries are a huge part of the results in the NFL.  The Bills have played without Pro Bowl caliber players all year including Hyde, White, Milano, Edmunds, Poyer, Miller and Dawkins, yet are still winning and the 3 games they lost were by a collective 8 points.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That’s the thing with the NFL.  Just win and advance.  Injuries are a huge part of the results in the NFL.  The Bills have played without Pro Bowl caliber players all year including Hyde, White, Milano, Edmunds, Poyer, Miller and Dawkins, yet are still winning and the 3 games they lost were by a collective 8 points.  

The three games they lost were gifted to the opponents. Not saying those opponents didn’t deserve to win. Just saying that in all three games we beat ourselves more than they beat us. 

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

cook is not good,

I'm not sure anyone on the Bills agrees with you here.  He is a rookie RB on a veteran team behind a lousy Oline.  They liked Cook enough and his skill set to trade away Moss.  They also have been expanding his role in recent weeks.  

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Opps!  I meant 3rd down conversions for first downs.     We had two, both in the first half.  Should have said 3rd down conversion.  

5 hours ago, sabills said:

Yeah, I mean thats just demonstrably not true:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401437826

image.png

Your link is referring to the wrong Jets game.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I can't disagree with any of this - except for the fact that we stuck it out and stayed for the 2nd half. The Bills desperately need to upgrade that O-line. Among other things, Knox's production is suffering as a result of its inadequacy. 

5 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

It had nothing to with they were playing the #3 defense? The one that, in two games, sacked Josh 7 times? I was listening to Sal Capaccio this morning in Howard & Jeremy and he felt that the weather didn’t play much of a roll. He said it was steady snow but rhere was virtually no wind. 

if the weather was that bad why did the Jets have 100 yards more in passing than the Bills? 

THE bills are almost totally one dimensional and that is a big problem. Thw run game is getting better but against the Jets D that was going to be impossible. 

Of course it had a lot to do with the Jets defense, they are excellent. It also had a lot to do with our inconsistent running game.  It also had a lot to do with 4 or 5 dropped passes - which has a lot to do with catching a wet and cold ball.

Of course the players and coaches will say the weather was not a problem.  Sal is a great guy, but I don't think he knows any more about it than me or you, or my two brothers that we there at the game along with Sal.  If you watched the game there was much more rain than snow, and thankfully hardly any wind. 

Every year they play games in bad weather and those games are consistently the ones where we gain the least yards in, and we score the least points in.  You can find an outlier game here and there, but for the most part our offense has not proven to be anywhere near as effective as they are in good weather.  I believe that a big part of it is that the do not run the ball effectively enough.  

Looking at the past 4 games, all wins, you see that the offense is scoring far less than the first 6 games of the season less.  Teams know what to do to slow down our offense, and the NFL is a copycat league.  Knowling what to do is only part of it, not many teams have the players to execute the gameplan.   

Besides Diggs, there are no other high level weapons for Allen.