Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

53 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ooof.

Without Miller's presence off the edge, I have a hard time seeing the Bills winning the Super Bowl. 

Sucks.

Von miller wasn't going to make or break buffalos superbowl chances. 

Your super bowl has and will always be josh allen. 

Y'all will be fine 

9 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Dammit.  That is a huge blow.  He is such a difference-maker.

So best case now is getting him back for the playoffs next season?

At this point you guys will likely cut him and take the  Penalty i wouldn't be surprised if he had to retire hes 34 that kind of injury at his age is going to be hard to come back .

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

At this point you guys will likely cut him and take the  Penalty i wouldn't be surprised if he had to retire hes 34 that kind of injury at his age is going to be hard to come back .

I could be wrong, but I think his contract is structured such that the cap penalties are unmanageable if they keep him for less than 3 seasons.

He's an elite athlete who seems to be a pretty driven guy.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays well in the playoffs next year and very well in the RS and playoffs the following year.

Let's hope so.

I'd say that Allen is the key only in the sense that if they lose him, they are done. However, I don't think they can necessarily win just because they have him and even if he performs well.  We saw that last year.

The defense however will be okay. It's never just a situation of sacking the QB and I think the line will still be formidable.  It's a question of whether the secondary can cover the receivers properly and if the D can stop the run.  Two things they've struggled with.. individually and together at times.

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Y'all will be fine 

Everybody understands it’s all about the QBs. But losing Von means less ability to negatively impact opposing QBs. Sure would have been nice to have him harassing Burrow and Mahomes when the time comes. 

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Everybody understands it’s all about the QBs. But losing Von means less ability to negatively impact opposing QBs. Sure would have been nice to have him harassing Burrow and Mahomes when the time comes. 

I mean you guys were already the favorites to win it all without him .

And hell  You most likely would have won the Super Bowl last year 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Y'all will be fine 

I wish I agreed, but I don’t. The one seed has just become mandatory. I’m saying this because this is the same defense that had their season end at Arrowhead the last two years. Von was the difference. Now we have the exact same defense, less Hyde, to run it back a third time. Why would this year be any different? Josh already did the Incredible Hulk act last year and it wasn’t enough.  

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This poor kid has his life and possible career ruined, no evidence for criminal charges.... Innocent until proven guilty is not a thing anymore in the world of social media. 

Hope he gets signed somewhere. 

17 hours ago, JujuFish said:

If it's a partial tear, why would he be shelved for over a year? (Genuinely asking; I don't know much about this stuff.)

11 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Me neither. I just heard ACL tear repair. That’s usually a year or so.

This is encouraging.

image.thumb.png.59fa62432b83fbf88c54bbcc4d6cb97f.png

Id rather they find a partial (and sounds like minor tear) now than have him in the middle of a game blow his knee completely out. It is what it is and we will still have Vonn around the room helping our young pass rushers and being the pro he is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Looks like light snow or flurries at kickoff for Sunday's game against the Jets, kinda-but-not-too windy, with a chance the light snow turns to drizzle by the end of the game. 

Not ideal conditions, but not bad enough to really take away anything the Bills want to do.