Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

Which outcome you wanted, Cincy vs. KC, depended a little on whether you think the Bills will "right the ship" and finish strong, like last year, or continue to stumble a bit as the find their game.  Even in the latter case, though, it would have to be bad enough for the Bills to be on the cusp and it would have to come down to the Bills or Cincy.  I'm going to take the outcome as a positive.  Everything else was great, except the minor blip of Baltimore.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Which outcome you wanted, Cincy vs. KC, depended a little on whether you think the Bills will "right the ship" and finish strong, like last year, or continue to stumble a bit as the find their game.  Even in the latter case, though, it would have to be bad enough for the Bills to be on the cusp and it would have to come down to the Bills or Cincy.  I'm going to take the outcome as a positive.  Everything else was great, except the minor blip of Baltimore.

I wasn’t trying to suggest that we wanted the other outcome. It’s just that Cincy is pretty much the only team of importance who didn’t lose ground on Buffalo this weekend. Sure, Baltimore didn’t either, but they lost their QB in the process. 

54 minutes ago, shrader said:

Didn’t you see the edits? I can only call myself an idiot so many times. 😄

I was going to mention that it could still get past head-to-head tiebreakers in a 3-way tie, buuuuuuut Buffalo and Cincinnati have both beaten Kansas City and Tennessee, so the 6-6 Chargers or 4-8 Jaguars would have to somehow not only win their divisions (both teams are 3 games behind in their division), but the Bills/Bengals/Ravens would have to also lose a bunch of games to actually end up in a BUF-CIN-LAC or BUF-CIN-JAX tie, which I'm honestly not sure is even possible.

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

I was going to mention that it could still get past head-to-head tiebreakers in a 3-way tie, buuuuuuut Buffalo and Cincinnati have both beaten Kansas City and Tennessee, so the 6-6 Chargers or 4-8 Jaguars would have to somehow not only win their divisions (both teams are 3 games behind in their division), but the Bills/Bengals/Ravens would have to also lose a bunch of games to actually end up in a BUF-CIN-LAC or BUF-CIN-JAX tie, which I'm honestly not sure is even possible.

I’m way too lazy to look up even the conference records for each team. For me, Cincy is the one big mystery right now. Since there’s no head to head matchup yet, I don’t know what to expect or how they match up. 

11 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Bills game moved to Saturday night. Only on NFL network

Fishies game that is.  The Jest game is still 1PM this Sunday.

People in Buffalo can see the Fishies game on local TV.  Ra-cha-cha will likely be SOL like usual.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Bills game moved to Saturday night. Only on NFL network

Even in Buffalo? In the NYC area when this happens, in addition to being on the NFL network, those games are also on a different local network (not CBS or Fox) for those who don't have cable.

22 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The next test is Cincy. That Burrow kid seems to have some magic. 

He & Allen both have the KC D's #.  If the Bills are still healthy when Cincy is up.  Like their chances.  Especially as that could be Miller's 1st game back.

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The next test is Cincy. That Burrow kid seems to have some magic. 

The next two games (Jets and Miami) are tests, too.  Both teams can (and did) beat the Bills.  Yeah, there were factors in each that were different than these games, but I'm certainly not taking either as a given.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

No game is a given W in the NFL. That's just a fact.

That said: The Bills have tougher sledding generally over the remainder of the season' schedule than the Chiefs do. I'm not sure how Cinci's schedule is looking. 

Then again, my sense is that every team is playing more divisional games over the next 5 weeks or whatever. Divisional games are always unpredictable.

This weekend is a big test. The Jets D is nasty

1 hour ago, carpandean said:

The next two games (Jets and Miami) are tests, too.  Both teams can (and did) beat the Bills.  Yeah, there were factors in each that were different than these games, but I'm certainly not taking either as a given.

They are not given, but they are also games that we should win if we don't beat ourselves which has been the problem for the most part.

Other than Miller (and Hyde) this is the healthiest the D has been all season.  At various times this season we have been without 6 pro bowl D in Milano, Edmunds, Poyer, Miller, Hyde and White.  The fact that they have survived at all is amazing.  Going 9-3 and leading the conference is even more incredible.  The 3 losses were by a collective 8 points and truthfully they could have won all 3. 

All 3 divisional games are at home.  We will beat the Jests and the Fish at home the next 2 weeks and take control of the division.  We will also roll the Bears in Chicago.  This team is on a mission at this point.  

The biggest remaining worry is the Bengals at Cinn in 4 weeks.  That game could easily be for the 1st seed in the playoffs.  If Miller is back by then I like our chances. I have a feeling the Pats game at home will be meaningless.

I love Cooks expanded role.  Having him as a dual threat out of the backfield adds another dimension to the offense and is why he was drafted.  I also like the more controlled Allen and our willingness to grind it out more often.  I think that is playoff winning football.  My only wish for the offense is to get Knox more involved.

26 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ooof.

Without Miller's presence off the edge, I have a hard time seeing the Bills winning the Super Bowl. 

Sucks.

They shoulda/coulda done it last year without him (13 seconds and a home game vs cincy away), so maybe this year?  And last year was without Tre at CB, he'll be back.

With that said, it is harder now.  Part of the reason I am actually enjoying the Sabres season so far more than the Bills is the angst that is on the Bills side of things among many fans because of stuff like this. With the Sabres, there are lower expectations. If they lose oh well, if they win or score a lot of goals, wow, that was fun!  However, with the Bills, every loss, every major injury seems to be met by a lot of doom/gloom/angst because anything short of a Superbowl is a bad season for this team.  The Bills are a lot closer to the ultimate prize....Just not as much fun on a weekly basis.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Does it normally take this long to diagnose a torn ACL?

Based on my experience as a sports fan: No.

For what that's worth.

Rapaport/Schefter each have detailed Tweets out there describing how and why it took this long to discover it. They went in to realign something in the knee that was out of wack (something about a part being in the wrong "channel") and, in so doing, saw (*saw*) that the ACL was sufficiently torn to require repair (and I believe they repaired it on the spot (?)).

What also hurts: Miller being shelved until early 2024 makes his contract a problem.

And then who knows how effective he'll be when he returns. This is a second tear of the same ACL.