Jacob Bryson Signed to 2 Year Extension 1.85 Million AAV

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Jacob Bryson Signed to 2 Year Extension 1.85 Million AAV
33 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I know. he is not a top pair D, but for some reason really like the kid, good skater and improving D.

Bryson has high compete…

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m a little surprised by the amount per season, but i guess he was arbitration eligible and we need to get to the cap floor.  

Evolving Wild Contract Projection for Him was Two Years 1.58 Million AAV. 

Pretty damn close. 

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

I know. he is not a top pair D, but for some reason really like the kid, good skater and improving D.

Definitely.  He hasn't looked out of place when paired (briefly) with Dahlin.  He is the perfect 3rd pairing/depth Dman.

• Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

I wonder if this deal is waiver protection?

Good call.  It's just enough to make a cap-strapped or cheapskate team stay away.  And it secures a young depth defenseman with good offensive skills for a couple of years -- long enough to let the Ryan Johnson situation develop and to see whether Bryson himself can turn the corner and become respectable in his own end -- like Soupy finally did at age 26.

I like the player and the deal, and I don't think it means that there are no other moves coming on D (although that certainly might end up being the case).

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I woulda been OK with a 2-way deal 1 year at 1.75, or 2 at 1.50.

I don't believe, in my heart of hearts, that he's an NHL caliber defenseman.    He struggled mightly against good teams. 

It’s only 350k more and if anything makes Him easier to include in a trade as He has cost certainty for two seasons.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.