Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

Can opinions/analysis that one disagrees with not be labeled awful and not bring out pitchforks?

Maybe it should not have been written in this thread. I personally do not agree that Kim's absence or Terry's distraction have meant anything in the standings. It represents a misunderstanding of what Kim did, for one. Also the timing isn't right. If the poster's notion is correct, we might see some future improvement. It wouldn't have shown up this soon. I mean, unless the thought is that Terry draws up the PP schemes and calls line changes down to the bench, and even I've never gone that far.

But yeah way to go Cancel Culture.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Can opinions/analysis that one disagrees with not be labeled awful and not bring out pitchforks?

Maybe it should not have been written in this thread. I personally do not agree that Kim's absence or Terry's distraction have meant anything in the standings. It represents a misunderstanding of what Kim did, for one. Also the timing isn't right. If the poster's notion is correct, we might see some future improvement. It wouldn't have shown up this soon. I mean, unless the thought is that Terry draws up the PP schemes and calls line changes down to the bench, and even I've never gone that far.

lol

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Stop with this reflexive "cancel culture" response. The criticisms for this particular Skoopy response were not only warranted but should also have been expected. It was a classless and gauche comment to make. No one is silencing the poster. That doesn't mean that he can't be criticized for it.  

Adds nothing to the discussion.

Just now, JohnC said:

Stop with this reflexive "cancel culture" response. The criticisms for this particular Skoopy response were not only warranted but should also have been expected. It was a classless and gauche comment to make. No one is silencing the poster. That doesn't mean that he can't be criticized for it.  

The owner of the board put his stamp of disapproval on it. That's powerful.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It was a classless and gauche comment to make. No one is silencing the poster. That doesn't mean that he can't be criticized for it.  

paramount network jd GIF by Heathers

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

bored episode 8 GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Adds nothing to the discussion.

20 years. Can you get out of my ass already? ***** off with the ownership thing already. We have about 50 people here in a world of 1 billion social media users. I beg of you to get a ***** life and a new hobby.

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

20 years. Can you get out of my ass already? ***** off with the ownership thing already. We have about 50 people here in a world of 1 billion social media users. I beg of you to get a ***** life and a new hobby.

You don't realize the power you have.  Just picture the pure chaos I cause when I step on an ant in my backyard.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

PA, C'mon. Skooby's post was a little uncouth. I'm sorry, but, [paraphrasing] "Thank god she almost died, cuz now we finally get some good hockey to watch," is a terrible look.

And FTR, his post was also factually inaccurate. The Bills got a little worse this year.

Edited by SwampD

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

PA, C'mon. Skooby's post was a little uncouth. I'm sorry, but, [paraphrasing] "Thank god she almost died, cuz now we finally get some good hockey to watch," is a terrible look.

And FTR, his post was also factually inaccurate. The Bills got a little worse this year.

Right but who knows Skooby?  Maybe Skooby is 15 years old.  Maybe Skooby is on the spectrum.  Or sure, maybe Skooby is a jerk.  Grown men here running around with pitchforks on the attack.  It's over the top and unwelcoming.  We can be better.  Choose Love perhaps.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Your implication here is somewhat disgusting. 

Just now, Getpucksdeep said:

Right but who knows Skooby?  Maybe Skooby is 15 years old.  Maybe Skooby is on the spectrum.  Or sure, maybe Skooby is a jerk.  Grown men here running around with pitchforks on the attack.  It's over the top and unwelcoming.  We can be better.  Choose Love perhaps.

If this reaction by me is "running around with pitchforks on the attack" I honestly am okay with that because that means the threshold for "attack" is simply any questioning of the source. Skooby could be anything and they can return and expand upon their content if they want. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

10 points awarded by the vocabulary judges. We just don’t see enough use of the word “gauche” anymore. Nice.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

That's a terrible paraphrase.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Schitts Creek Wtf GIF by CBC

Delta Bravo.

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I love Buffalo & every sports team / respect all the ownership. I grew up in shoebox near the airport. The Sabres were an outlet for my frustrations & a life-support to me personally. If all of you love their ownership style & our lack of success since, good for you. I also in no way want anything but the best for their family, I will pray for her & her getting better. She was our 30-40 year backstop of ownership I expected, now it’s more like let’s see how it goes for therapy. It’s a nightmare scenario for the area & the future of the local professional sports teams, which they solely own. I hope they get organized & find any positive aspects from this can, including the team’s performance. 

P.S. It’s been multiple months & we knew taken by ambulance / silence from the top meant something horrible happened. There’s no mystery or surprise, just details revealed & hope for her better health.

Edited by Skooby

I am heartbroken for Kim. I obviously don’t know her but from every description of her from her daughter, we are of the same cloth.

i especially noticed the warnings about slowing down a bit but when you are an energizer bunny by nature with an overflowing plate, that is just what you do.

To think about the horrors of having all of this desire-to-do without the capacities to do it sounds like hell to me.  I am hopeful that this is not the case for her.

I pray for you, Kim.

Edited by Ogre
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Skooby said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/jessica-pegula-tennis

I’m glad she’s alive & has family to help her, good luck to her in her recovery. The Bills & Sabres (so far) record wise got so much better this past season for a reason, hopefully the family can pass the torch to the new generation sooner & they can stay hands off. The past 10 years of hockey has been difficult to watch, this season has been a savior for me mentally.

Cmon man. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.