Rochester Americans 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You sure?  He signed at 22.  That's 3 years or 70 games.  He's in his 3rd year & played 57 total.  So, pretty sure his 13th game after today makes him waiver eligible, not his 3rd.

Yes. Capfriendly tracks this quite accurately. If you click on his player profile, there’s a breakdown. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Yes. Capfriendly tracks this quite accurately. If you click on his player profile, there’s a breakdown. 

Thanks for that.  The adjustments for games played due to covid shortened years is what puts him remaining waiver exempt through his 1st 51 games or the end of this season, whichever comes 1st.  And, at least per cap friendly, that he wasn't playing in NA during the '20-'21 season doesn't bump him up to 57 games of waiver exemption which is where he was at after '19-'20.

(Mia culpa, was going off the pre-Covid adjusted #'s originally.  Also, because he was born on Dec 31, he counted as 23 not 22 the day he signed.)

2 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

.892 save percentage for UPL. I know everyone was hyping him up, but I’m not seeing it. When is he going to show that he’s not consistently a below average goalie in the AHL?

Never because Rochester has no defense. 

Also he's probably an nhl backup at best

Of course Houser played well behind the same defense that people use as an excuse for UPL. Perhaps he needs to lose his starter gig for a little while? I don’t think him being gifted endless starts, despite poor performances, is how you treat professional goalies. Houser earned the next start, but I’m sure it’ll go to UPL. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Probably when he doesn’t have a depleted AHL level team playing in front of him 

It’s unbelievable how there’s always an excuse for him. Never mind the fact that they’ve actually played far superior defense this year. And Houser managed to do ok today too. He just sucks. 

4 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

Of course Houser played well behind the same defense that people use as an excuse for UPL. Perhaps he needs to lose his starter gig for a little while? I don’t think him being gifted endless starts, despite poor performances, is how you treat professional goalies. Houser earned the next start, but I’m sure it’ll go to UPL. 

Adams has mentioned numerous times that UPL needs starts and to play in as many games as possible, but if His play starts to interfere with the development of other prospects in Rochester, perhaps some of those starts should be in Cincinnati. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Adams has mentioned numerous times that UPL needs starts and to play in as many games as possible, but if His play starts to interfere with the development of other prospects in Rochester, perhaps some of those starts should be in Cincinnati. 

They also talk about earning their time. And right now he isn’t earning it. To me, it sends a bad message if he starts the next game. 

14 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

They also talk about earning their time. And right now he isn’t earning it. To me, it sends a bad message if he starts the next game. 

Maybe this is the way Houser makes it up to Buffalo.  I am curious to see how he would do with an extended stay.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

Houser does not have an NHL contract. If he sees any time in Buffalo, it’s because the team is screwed. 

which is why he found some playing time with the Sabres over the last two seasons, major injuries.  Hopefully we don't do that this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.