Rochester Americans 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

4 hours ago, Ctaeth said:

Biro is an all-star, and the honor is well deserved imo.  He's had a good consistent year.  It's funny, when I watch him, I don't think I've ever been blown away.  But he puts up points consistently and appears to do the right things for the most part.  I don't think he gets the respect from a lot of Sabres fans b/c he wasn't drafted, but the guy definitely has talent.  Certainly a possible call up from Rochester at some point this year

He definitely is playing well down there.  His lack of tespect from Sabres fans isn't due to the lack of pedigree, it's due to a lack of size.

He'll get an opportunity at some point, but he'll really need to be on his game when he gets it because there aren't many open spots the next year or 2 & there are a few other guys making a push as well.  The lack of size & pedigree will make it tough to get a true look.  He's probably very lucky to be in this organization, because management seems to be pretty good at seeing guys for what rhey can be & not what they are.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

He definitely is playing well down there.  His lack of tespect from Sabres fans isn't due to the lack of pedigree, it's due to a lack of size.

He'll get an opportunity at some point, but he'll really need to be on his game when he gets it because there aren't many open spots the next year or 2 & there are a few other guys making a push as well.  The lack of size & pedigree will make it tough to get a true look.  He's probably very lucky to be in this organization, because management seems to be pretty good at seeing guys for what rhey can be & not what they are.

The issue is he can’t be Tage or Cozens and he’s not nearly as talented as Krebs, Mitts or even Jost. He might have an Asplund ceiling, but I doubt it.

He’s also just 6 months younger than Thompson, 3 months younger than Asplund and almost exactly the same age as Jost.

Maybe he gets look if 2 of the above get traded, but he’s also got Kulich, Östlund and Savoie coming up behind him.

It’s not that he isn’t worthy of respect, there’s just not much of a window there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The issue is he can’t be Tage or Cozens and he’s not nearly as talented as Krebs, Mitts or even Jost. He might have an Asplund ceiling, but I doubt it.

He’s also just 6 months younger than Thompson, 3 months younger than Asplund and almost exactly the same age as Jost.

Maybe he gets look if 2 of the above get traded, but he’s also got Kulich, Östlund and Savoie coming up behind him.

It’s not that he isn’t worthy of respect, there’s just not much of a window there.

He’s Chris Taylor.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

He’s Chris Taylor.

If only the AHL had room for Chris Taylor’s instead of auto-responding that anyone is replaceable because of “development opportunities.” And insert a 20 year old fifth round draft pick on an ELC.

The Taylor or Pettis role is mostly gone from the league and I hate it. 

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, inkman said:

Next season I’m guessing he gets a look.  With Kulich and Savioe, not to mention whoever they may bring in between now and then, to compete with.  

They have forwards stacked like cord wood right now.  KA’s challenge will be to keep the “right” ones and use the others to strengthen other areas of the team like defense.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.